. .

Thread: Driver box

Replying to a guy on another forum about a box to cram all the bits in I thought I'd post this here.

Not renown for bling I tend to cram everything into whatever is handy, old wall box, electrical cabinet, cornflakes box [ the heavy duty ones ] etc.
    A while ago when doing my small router I came across on of these mini PC's called Shuttles. Apparently as a PC they are rubbish and breakdown to often and are expensive to fix.

Managed to scrounge two and used one for the router

Rear view showing two surplus cables from a dead Syil mill fitted where the USB and video went.

Inside shot showing one of Roy's boards from DIY-CNC with three of Acr's small stepper drives fitted into the hard drive bay.

Other side shot showing cap and fan, with just the two cables from motors and limits it makes a neat and portable job.

John S -

Nice one John thats the best use of a shuttle I have seen. Must have been the worst Pc ever over heated drivers a load of garbage just did its own thing only not very well. I lost count of the number of times I had to try and rescue stuff from overheated hard disks plus no room inside to get at anything.

peter

Thread Information