. .
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    As non of us post much in the way of what we have actually made with the machines we make, (Probably because we all believe we are going to be millionaires with our ideas, and we are too scared of somebody pinching them) I figured it may be a good idea to create a thread where we can all share links, pictures etc all related to stuff made on cnc. This will help inspire and motivate all of us, whatever stage we are in our journey further into this common ground we all share?

(sounds a bit american)

anyway, il start with this ive just seen on kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...s?ref=category

lots of inspiration there (especially for those of us who have smaller hobby based rigs, scratching around for something small to make)
    Last edited by kingcreaky; 25-11-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Not quite as fancy as the trains etc in the link but this is what I started making about 4 years ago (!). It's my own design and should look like a Spitfire when complete.

Formers being cut out:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	upgrades 009.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	16633

Tailplane:

Name:	spitfire 005.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	16630

Fuselage:

Name:	spitfire 007.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	16631

Fin:

Name:	spitfire 009.jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	203.2 KB 
ID:	16632

Cutting out some bits on the old cnc machine:

I've since gone through 2 cnc machine upgrades since these photos were taken and various workshop improvements. The CNC side has dragged me in - so much so that when I showed some pictures of my current CNC machine to a friend recently and he said what do you make with it? I had to pause and think a bit, before remembering it was originally designed to make balsa and liteply bits for RC planes.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    It's my own design and should look like a Spitfire when complete.
    Hopefully not looking like this One.. .

Name:	spitfire.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	16634

routercnc - thats exactly what im talking about. excellant inspiring pictures!! brillian! Its these very pictures, that will inspire all of us of the potential possibilities of these money pits.

ive just sunk another £160 notes on my project. everybody keeps asking me what am I going to make with it... (I still dont know!!)

all, please keep the pictures coming. its about time this forum had some "fruit" content!, to counterbalance all the labour!.
    Last edited by kingcreaky; 27-11-2015 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcreaky View Post
    routercnc - thats exactly what im talking about. excellant inspiring pictures!! brillian! Its these very pictures, that will inspire all of us of the potential possibilities of these money pits.

ive just sunk another £160 notes on my project. everybody keeps asking me what am I going to make with it... (I still dont know!!)

all, please keep the pictures coming. its about time this forum had some "fruit" content!, to counterbalance all the labour!.
    Hi Matt

Your suggestion is a good idea in my book. Perhaps there will one day be like a drawing, tool or idea of the week!

All the best

Suesi

Here's something I'm starting to build.....

Name:	IMG_20151104_162904796.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	147.8 KB 
ID:	16646

And when I've cut all 14 sheets of 3mm lite ply (600mm x x400mm) and assembled it should look something like this...

Name:	Marabu.JPG 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	16647

Also making Ridge Runt RC glider short kits and Fournier RF4 short kits which I'm selling on eBay at the moment....

Name:	IMG_20151025_151450538.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	275.2 KB 
ID:	16648

shortly to expand the range to include my take on an Ugly Stick RC plane and an old timer 3/4 Ch plane.....lots more planned!!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Looking great Neil.

Bet you finish your Marabu before I finish mine . . . .!
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Cheers Barry, I might do but I'm building 4 planes simultaneously so I wouldn't bet on it!!

Pic below is my interpretation on an Ugly Stick (I'm calling it "AnotherStick") that I'm building. I'm making the sides in 2 pieces (a splined joint) and with tabs so that the formers just slot in therefore doing away with building over a plan. I'm just playing with the wing ribs at the moment as I keep re-designing them...

Name:	Anotherstick.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	369.3 KB 
ID:	16665
    Neil...

Build log...here

This is precisely what we need to see more of gents!. Thanks for posting, Hopefully this thread will motivate those who are either thinking about a build, or have builds part started.

Keep the pictures coming, there are so many names on here who appear to not make anything at all with their machines . Maybe like me, they prefer making machines, to actually using them

Im sure ive posted before, but if I havent here are some pics I have on this laptop

miss my big router. Once this mill is working, Im going to make another upright 8x4 for myself.

Matt

Nice stuff there Matt, wish I had a bigger Router, maybe Router No3 in the future will be an 8x4...

More bits I was cutting this morning, more to do at lunch plus some kits that have sold on eBay....

Last edited by njhussey; 03-12-2015 at 01:21 PM.
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information