. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you can use a 4kw VFD then you have a 3~ mains. A normal 1~VFD have a maximum of 2,2kW.
    Thats the maximum, what your 13Amp power socket is capable. The VFD can have more power then the motor, but should be in a similiar power range, 1,5 to 2 * the Motor is ok but not 5 times.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    If you can use a 4kw VFD then you have a 3~ mains. A normal 1~VFD have a maximum of 2,2kW.
    Thats the maximum, what your 13Amp power socket is capable. The VFD can have more power then the motor, but should be in a similiar power range, 1,5 to 2 * the Motor is ok but not 5 times.
    Thanks. Understood. I am running my mill from a 32A socket.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    So, wired to Delta. 30uF cap, doesnt spin up, just turns slowly.

Connect a 300uF cap, instant spin up. Takes full load, can block the vacuum pipe with my hand, it just keeps going.

The only thing was that motor got hot very quickly. I didnt have the cowl structure on it so that meant no real cooling. It got hot very quickly however.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information