. .

View Poll Results: What music do you have on in the workshop?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Radio2

0 0%
  • Radio4

2 18.18%
  • Classic FM

0 0%
  • Planet Rock

2 18.18%
  • Smooth

0 0%
  • Absolute 80/90/00

0 0%
  • YouTube playlist

1 9.09%
  • MP3 / own

4 36.36%
  • Nothing, my machine makes sweet music

2 18.18%
  • Other / Local station

1 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm sure this will split opinions but just for fun what music do you have on in the workshop?

It's Planet Rock for me all the way !

You can select more than one option

(Points off for radio 1 !)
    Last edited by routercnc; 30-11-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Radio 4 Extra. A diet of ancient radio comedies and the odd play. Never music in my workshop.

Never have Music on because most of time Can't hear a bloody thing in my workshop for grinders or compressed air and chips rattling off frame. And When Wiring or Tig welding Aluminium I lock all the doors and put a Big FU@~OFF sign on the door.!! ..

Thou I do like Classic FM when I'm Designing in Cad or Camming up parts.!

I put a Raspberry Pi2 with OpenElec (Kodi) on it attached to a small monitor (attached to my server rack), which gives me my whole music/video (plus internet streaming) available to me in the workshop. Favourites at the moment are Andy Summers (Green Chimneys and Earth Sky), Cocteau Twins/Robin Guthrie, Bert Jansch (usually for woodworking) and Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros, but I have a pretty big music collection, so it varies alot. The Pi2 was only about £30-40 including enclosure, so a bargain in my book for a media centre.

Oh there's a vid on my channel setting one up somewhere......easiest install ever.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I'm afraid its radio 4 for me that's a step up from R2
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Reigate, Albania. Last Activity: 24-04-2018 Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 34. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I'm enjoying a Canadian radio station called Indie88 (online obviously). Good music, something different and I particularly like the random ads for snow tyres, shops I can't go to and traffic reports for Toronto. If I ever hear of a moose loose on the freeway that would really make my day.

Has to be the John Creedon show over here on RTE Radio 1 from 8pm till 10pm. It's like Forrest Gump's box of chocolates. Anything from Nick Cave to Carl Perkins to London Grammer and back to Cohen, all in two hours.
    Plus when it's over I know it's time to turn off the power and head back to the house and stay in the good books.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    I'm afraid its radio 4 for me that's a step up from R2
    And one Step away from radio Heaven old man. .

All I want is Radio GaGa, Radio GooGoo !

I don't like music in the workshop. I have tinnitus anyway and that is generally better than most of the crap broadcast. As far as Classic FM is concerned I have heard all 6 of their records

Anyway the voices in my head say that music is from Satan !!!

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 01-12-2015 at 02:10 AM.

for a stage, I started putting on netflix, or or sky sports. but found I was drinking too much beer, not getting anything done! Music stops the dog barking at his own shadow anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information