Hi all
im new to this game and I'm converting a seig x2 plus. But having serious problems with a pci parallel port card as lpt 1 or 3 to run the machine, the trouble is it wont even do the most basic communication
actions
1) oem drivers set up and working
2) Device manager shows a new mulitfunction adapter - the same as the card make, using resources at EEOOO-EEOO7 (in the properties tab)
3) but the new pci parallel port in device manager oes not have the make perhaps just a generic?
in the resources tab it shows --- i/oEE00 - EE07 not available.

I dont seem to have any communication to the b o board in the machine. is there any way i can reallocate the resources?
iv tried all options in the device manager, none work all give the same " not availiable" error
I tried disabling the mulitfunctional adapter but as expected the parallel port dissapeared from device manager

The computer has been completely "bombed" and returned to factory settings. I could put xp on the machine, but don't realy want to because other ap problems
so is it the card or me? Do I get another which allows a resource allocation to be manually set rather than automatic as with this one, but then what do I set it to?
ps im running vista home, and will one day be able to use mach 3.......

Any suggestions?
thanks Graham