1. #1
    I know don't laugh I am looking for a PC or working motherboard with an ISA slot but one working at the slow speed I think about 8.3 Megs. I need this to run DOS. Any helpers?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  2. #2
    How fast should this part be. Eventually I can give you a Siemens Industrial PC, but this part has only
    a 486/66 Prozessor with 16MB or so of Ram. MB isn't a fault.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    How fast should this part be. Eventually I can give you a Siemens Industrial PC, but this part has only
    a 486/66 Prozessor with 16MB or so of Ram. MB isn't a fault.
    All I need is a 286 or 386 with an ISA slot running at the slow speed 8 megs
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  4. Hi Clive,

    Is the slow speed necessary ? YOu can get PCI to ISA adapters and I am sure that you can run DOS somehow. Do you need 386 legacy bios features.

    I am fascinated to know why you need to do this, my guess is that you have an old CNC machine that runs off a PC with this ISA card as an interface, but I am probably wrong.

    Cheers,

    Rob

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Hi Clive,

    Is the slow speed necessary ? YOu can get PCI to ISA adapters and I am sure that you can run DOS somehow. Do you need 386 legacy bios features.

    I am fascinated to know why you need to do this, my guess is that you have an old CNC machine that runs off a PC with this ISA card as an interface, but I am probably wrong.

    Cheers,

    Rob
    Thanks Rob I new you would pop up on this thread.
    It is not CNC related. Yes I do need the slow speed for the ISA bus this is for a friend of mine that has some dos software that runs an ISA card to program the parameters in an old type of amateur radio. He has been using a 286 but its finally packed up
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  6. Hi Clive,

    I have got a chap near me that gets rackmount computers from cruise ships when they refit. The last one I got from him had a 486 MB with an ISA slot. No HD. Unfortunately, I binned it. I only use the case (That was just to piss you off really )

    I will have a word with my mate who runs a company called PC Doctor and see if he has owt in the museum.

    Cheers,

    Rob

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Hi Clive,

    I have got a chap near me that gets rackmount computers from cruise ships when they refit. The last one I got from him had a 486 MB with an ISA slot. No HD. Unfortunately, I binned it. I only use the case (That was just to piss you off really )

    I will have a word with my mate who runs a company called PC Doctor and see if he has owt in the museum.

    Cheers,

    Rob
    If you can't take don't give it Hard drive is no prob. cheers
    Last edited by Clive S; 09-12-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •