. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    I know don't laugh I am looking for a PC or working motherboard with an ISA slot but one working at the slow speed I think about 8.3 Megs. I need this to run DOS. Any helpers?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

How fast should this part be. Eventually I can give you a Siemens Industrial PC, but this part has only
    a 486/66 Prozessor with 16MB or so of Ram. MB isn't a fault.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by uli12us View Post
    How fast should this part be. Eventually I can give you a Siemens Industrial PC, but this part has only
    a 486/66 Prozessor with 16MB or so of Ram. MB isn't a fault.
    All I need is a 286 or 386 with an ISA slot running at the slow speed 8 megs
    ..Clive

Hi Clive,

Is the slow speed necessary ? YOu can get PCI to ISA adapters and I am sure that you can run DOS somehow. Do you need 386 legacy bios features.

I am fascinated to know why you need to do this, my guess is that you have an old CNC machine that runs off a PC with this ISA card as an interface, but I am probably wrong.

Cheers,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Hi Clive,

Is the slow speed necessary ? YOu can get PCI to ISA adapters and I am sure that you can run DOS somehow. Do you need 386 legacy bios features.

I am fascinated to know why you need to do this, my guess is that you have an old CNC machine that runs off a PC with this ISA card as an interface, but I am probably wrong.

Cheers,

Rob
    Thanks Rob I new you would pop up on this thread.
    It is not CNC related. Yes I do need the slow speed for the ISA bus this is for a friend of mine that has some dos software that runs an ISA card to program the parameters in an old type of amateur radio. He has been using a 286 but its finally packed up
    ..Clive

Hi Clive,

I have got a chap near me that gets rackmount computers from cruise ships when they refit. The last one I got from him had a 486 MB with an ISA slot. No HD. Unfortunately, I binned it. I only use the case (That was just to piss you off really )

I will have a word with my mate who runs a company called PC Doctor and see if he has owt in the museum.

Cheers,

Rob

Thread Information