. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hi Clive
    Tar very much for the thought. Your question is a good one. I was looking to remove them but that may only be if something fails and the job needs breaking down. I will not dismiss opening the hole up slight larger and getting out the epoxy. Thanks for your help and waves of thought!
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgates1000 View Post
    You could also use a roll tap, just interpolate a flat bottom hole first then tap to depth. A roll tap would be cheaper than a thread milling cutter.
    Hello tar very much for the thought I will give what you say some consideration.
    Cheers Steve

Hello Komatias,
    Thank you for your reply. I realize I am not on the direct road for success, with the following
    small diameter, shallow blind hole, in 316 no less, limited knowledge and wanting to thread mill it. All that said I may have a go at it.
    Thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    I've been looking into threadmills as it sounds like good sport ....anyone got a good source for them?
    Hi Neil,
    I am not sure so don't quote me on it but I think I got my ones from J&L. I notice you mention thread mills and good sport I notice you don't mention 316 in the same sentence!
    I was watching one of your videos earlier in the inspiration thread you build looked to work out a treat for you.
    Cheers
    Steve

Hi Mike,
    Yes thanks for the thought. I will certainly have practise before picking up the finished parts. The parts are for finishing off nicely m12 stud that protrudes a flat surface. Basically, just a blanking cap.
    Many thanks
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by suesi34e View Post
    Hello Komatias,
    Thank you for your reply. I realize I am not on the direct road for success, with the following
    small diameter, shallow blind hole, in 316 no less, limited knowledge and wanting to thread mill it. All that said I may have a go at it.
    Thanks
    Steve
    Cool! Was just adding an alternative to the mix with the ground taps. I will be doing some thread milling this weekend but on aluminimu pipe with fine threads M18x1 for my brothers project. Will post findings
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Best of luck with that mate. Who know if my findings from my efforts are not too shameful I may post them! After this little job I hope to start a small router build!

Hi Neil,
    I am not sure so don't quote me on it but I think I got my ones from J&L. I notice you mention thread mills and good sport I notice you don't mention 316 in the same sentence!
    I was watching one of your videos earlier in the inspiration thread you build looked to work out a treat for you.
    Cheers
    Steve
    Cheers Steve, so far its all good... Just need to get a week on it to finish it off and start the mounting frame...

Stainless is a bugger as unless you use some form of lube the threads gall and snag when tightening so I can imagine it's a bugger to tap and threadmill!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Hi Mike,
    The parts are for finishing off nicely m12 stud that protrudes a flat surface. Basically, just a blanking cap.
    Many thanks
    Steve
    Steve i know this is a silly question but is it not possible to measure the stud protrusion , remove the stud and machine the protruding length from the end ?
    Mike

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Cheers Steve, so far its all good... Just need to get a week on it to finish it off and start the mounting frame...

Stainless is a bugger as unless you use some form of lube the threads gall and snag when tightening so I can imagine it's a bugger to tap and threadmill!
    Yes mate, it is a bugger in my book especially when not best geared up for it!
    Congrats on your build happy CNCing
    Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information