. .

Thread: Coolant Pump

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    if you want a detailed conversation about a triac then I have plans to add an 10 station atc, it should fit right on without altering the atc setup

(I have some better drawings on my other laptop)

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    Essex .
    Ah, OK, not too far then. Im based in Ickenham, West London.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    if you want a detailed conversation about a triac then I have plans to add an 10 station atc, it should fit right on without altering the atc setup

(I have some better drawings on my other laptop)

Certainly, would be interested.

Is it just the wheel that needs to be changed?

no, new drive system and add a stepper motor

Those are the ones, I can do you a vid over the weekend if you want.

Can't remember what size but they do one thats a perfect fit length wise.

As for power it's plenty of power for me, removes chips out the way nicely
    Hi mate, any joy with that vid?

Thanks

best I could do sorry, didn't do any machining this weekend

best I could do sorry, didn't do any machining this weekend

Thanks. Very helpful. You motor is on top whilst mine is in the cavity lower down (the full coolant system) so mine will have to pump a bit higher but not a lot more.

I could try and fix the motor setup I have, could machine a new based for it but probably not worth the effort. Id probably go for the 1/4 HP motor if I can get it to fit without cutting the sheetmetal.

Thanks once again.

I am thinking about replacing the pump on my triac also, I have the large coolant tray like yours Chaz.
    I found these coolant pumps made by excel machine tools. You can buy them from brammer.co.uk. The 1/8hp one is £82 and the 1/4hp is £145.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-07-11-31-43.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	535.6 KB 
ID:	17141

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgates1000 View Post
    I am thinking about replacing the pump on my triac also, I have the large coolant tray like yours Chaz.
    I found these coolant pumps made by excel machine tools. You can buy them from brammer.co.uk. The 1/8hp one is £82 and the 1/4hp is £145.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2016-01-07-11-31-43.png 
Views:	254 
Size:	535.6 KB 
ID:	17141
    Out of interest, have you measured the physical size of our pump to know what size will be a like for like replacement without needing to make holes or cut the motor mount wider?

I haven't but I will put all the dimensions on here when I get my tray back. It had obviously been left with coolant in it for some time before I bought it, all the water had evaporated off and the oil stripped the paint from the bottom of the tank. It is at the local bodyshop being stripped and powder coated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information