. .
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    I have it powered by the USB port but it's connected to a 5A 5VDC PSU, don't worry :D

Also Jazz may I ask out of curiosity what tool you used to draw the connections ? :)
    Last edited by eurikain; 02-02-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    It's so you can power using an external source rather than USB and I suggest you do that. USB is unreliable and not to be trusted.
    USB can't be trusted, but it isn't as bad as USA.

On a serious note, USB ports on a computer have a very low current sourcing capability.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    USB can't be trusted, but it isn't as bad as USA.
    Go to bed Rob, you're tired :D

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    On a serious note, USB ports on a computer have a very low current sourcing capability.
    True, but you can still use the port if you power it with an external PSU :)

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    True, but you can still use the port if you power it with an external PSU :)
    I think with that board, if you put an ohmeter on the +5v pin of the USB socket, it shows it connects to the +5v screw terminal connector, so the USB way of supplying power to the board is provided for those who want the quick and dirty solution.

Cheers,
    Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 03-02-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Why having a buzzer at all? When the limit switch is hit the motors will stop, so you'll notice the silence. When you push the Limit override you know you are pushing it...

Just curious about what is the point with the buzzer.

Because you don't "push" the limits override, you "switch" it. If it was a push button, you'd have to reach your keyboard or something that allows you to move the gantry off the triggered limit switch while you're pushing the override. However, a switch will stay in the same position, so you won't have the problem of reaching your keyboard, but instead you might have the problem of forgetting to switch it back to the "off" position, hence why a buzzer. It's not mandatory if you are very careful, but it's a plus for safety.
    Last edited by eurikain; 13-05-2016 at 02:19 PM.

A limit override should in my opinion be a push button, not a switch. Of course, I know that a switch stays on as long as you don't flip it but that is not a good solution the way I see it. If reaching to it is an issue than the position of the location is wrong. But again, this is just my opinion.

I see what you mean :) That's right, it's a matter of opinion.

Hi Eurikain,

I have read through your post with great interest and it has answered many of my questions.
    i was wondering if you have any photos of the control cabinet build yet?
    Life is best lived @ G0......

Hello nairepooc,

Thank you so much for the compliment :) I do have pictures of the build but I won't be home until tomorrow evening, but once home I can post some pictures for you :)

All the best,
    Eurikain.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to eurikain For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread Information