. .
    Iv had a lot of problems getting m3,4,5 to work with the relay on my bob working on pin 14
    And from the forums im not the only one

Output 1 activated
    Pins set up and configures

It will trigger the relay with the screen button on main Mach 3 page and in the diagnostics screen etc
    But nothing from MDI or g code files

Solution is so basic I could cry!
    when setting up Mach 3 you are asked to set up profiles and not alter the generic profile
    If you check c: mach3/ macros in the new profile they are all empty. But the mach 3 profile has a tiny bit of vb script in them
    So you meanly copy these and paste into your own profile

Eg in M3 macro you need
    DoSpinCW()

AND IT WORKS,!!
    Ridiculously simple. I struggled for hours on this and viewed 20 pages in this forum with no real solutions and found a few bits ov vb script solutions to a plethora of spindle problems wtih no simple solutions but it's so simple

Have fun. Now the machine is truly finished!
    So if Amy other Mcodes don't work you now know what to do!

Manny

Quote Originally Posted by Cnc many View Post
    Iv had a lot of problems getting m3,4,5 to work with the relay on my bob working on pin 14
    And from the forums im not the only one

Output 1 activated
    Pins set up and configures

It will trigger the relay with the screen button on main Mach 3 page and in the diagnostics screen etc
    But nothing from MDI or g code files

Solution is so basic I could cry!
    when setting up Mach 3 you are asked to set up profiles and not alter the generic profile
    If you check c: mach3/ macros in the new profile they are all empty. But the mach 3 profile has a tiny bit of vb script in them
    So you meanly copy these and paste into your own profile

Eg in M3 macro you need
    DoSpinCW()

AND IT WORKS,!!
    Ridiculously simple. I struggled for hours on this and viewed 20 pages in this and other forums with no real solutions and found a few bits ov vb script solutions to a plethora of spindle problems wtih no simple solutions but it's so simple

Have fun. Now the machine is truly finished!
    So if Amy other Mcodes don't work you now know what to do!

Manny

Sory I changed two words! Didn't realise it would all go in again!

you could have done this in Mach3's ports an pins-> spindle setup. Tick the spindle relay option. then select the OEM Output numbers for M3 and M4. Then go in to the pins and find the output numbers. No need to change the scripts of M3, M4 or M5

This screen will help:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mach3_spindle_setup.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	16844
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

That's nice, As I said I had done all that
    many

Sorry Many, (was reading on tablet) of course you did.

I have had a play with this, created a few profiles and checked the directories. When you create a new profile, it does not instantaneously create the profile directory and copy the macros across. What I found is that most of the profile data is written when you shut down mach3 the first time round.
    Seem to remember reading about how important the first shut down was when setting up a new profile. May have been in the MAch2010 documentation.

Rereading your post, it seems that you had already tried the shut down? If so, could it be a windows thing? I am asking as I have now come across the same issue on a firends machine just this morning.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to komatias For This Useful Post:

Donre over several days! So not a windows or restart problem. I think the restart is all about registering the drivers ( I think!)
    it could be somthing to do with the special features box top right in your picture but havnt got a clue about what's that all about
    anyway it works, n iv posted this on the mach 3 forum n tweeky gave thanks for the info to help others
    just working on spindle override switch and relays to switch it on when not under m3 control, and fitting an upgraded 12v supply for the flood pump and light, and a 7805 to power the Bob, im a bit short of usb slots in the computer the old one I had only delivered a max of 1.5 a not enough
    interestingly, the M3-4-5 worked well at the start but then the spindle wouldn't stop. It was due to my motor control relay (not the Bob) not handling the current and the contacts fused! Even wirh my miserly 500w spindle
    well u live and learn!

Thread Information