. .
    Hello all

I am looking for size 20 hiwin linear rail to replace my drylin rail on my cnc project.

Also 2 x the 20 size carriages.

I am after 2 pieces 1.7mtr long minimum.

I live in county Durham but do travel a lot so hopefully can pick up if any for sale.

Cheers Tommy

2. If you don't mind ordering from China I'd recommend BST Automation on Aliexpress...
    How come only two carriages?
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 29-12-2015 at 12:20 AM.

Don't think there would be much difference in price from what iv'e seen but also would rather buy in UK so have a seller in UK for approx £280 complete.

Many thanks for replying.

Cheers Tommy

4. I found there was a huge difference in price but agree it is convenient to buy from UK (although you are only paying for someone else to import them for you?!) Also remember you will want two carriages per rail.
    Last edited by JoeHarris; 30-12-2015 at 10:01 PM.

I always try and purchase form a UK company.
    For me it is not just about the price, i like to know that if it is faulty or gets damaged in transit, like getting bent, i know that i can get a replacement quickly.
    Also i like to support uk businesses.
    If you dont support uk businesses, they will disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    I found there was a huge difference in price but agree it is convenient to buy from UK (although you are only paying for someone else to import them for you?!) Also remember you will want two carriages per rail.

6. Fair enough but they all come from the same place! Also a faulty part from BST was replaced for me free of charge within a few days...

Then you are lucky, but for me, i would prefer to support UK businesses, if you are not patriotic or not fussed about UK businesses, then fill your boots.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeHarris View Post
    Fair enough but they all come from the same place! Also a faulty part from BST was replaced for me free of charge within a few days...

Hello

Is the two carriages per rail for stability as my build post is showing a straight edged circle.

This is why i would like to take off the drylin and replace them with hiwin which i think run unhindered.

Cheers Tommy

All new rails and carriages bought new....so not needed now and thanks for all replies.

Cheers Tommy

Thread Information