. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Careful don't complain too loud about Dicey Merchants in the south western World of CNC ripping forum users off because you'll be getting your coller felt from the advertising gestapo . .
    Did I mention anybody specifically ? I was being general about the shameful businesses who rip profits and have no intention of supporting clients. I think you mentioned one such in the north of Nottinghamshire who was selling machines costing over £9,000 that still use parallel ports.

Dean,

PM me please, I need your address and phone number.

Ta,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    I think you mentioned one such in the north of Nottinghamshire who was selling machines costing over £9,000 that still use parallel ports.
    Oh yes and closer to 10k than 9k and best of all that PP runs thru basic PCPPS bob costing £20.! . Infact there's less than £400 worth in the whole control panel and that includes the steel Box.!! . . . . . Wonder why it's got troubles.???? (Thou PP is abart to get a bullet.!)

There are members builds on here that put these machines to absolute shame in most every department and cost less than third to build.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Careful don't complain too loud about Dicey Merchants in the south western World of CNC ripping forum users off because you'll be getting your coller felt from the advertising gestapo . .
    Did I mention anybody specifically ?
    I don't think you've said anything that leaves you or me liable Rob, Jazz's comment is based on hearsay (even though he knows the facts around what he's referring to).

I'm not the sort of man who is susceptible to a bribe and maintain my integrity at a much higher level than that.

I'm done Clive...
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 30-12-2015 at 11:08 PM.
    .Me

Lee Chill out I was having a bit of fun with Rob and wasn't based on anything other than previous experiences after clashing on similair subject/s with certain companys.!

Nevertheless I would like to reiterate that I am very surprised at the number of companies in this country (and I suppose that you can extrapolate to include the rest of the world) that design, build and sell plainly unsuitable machines to individuals and small businesses. To compound their felony, they then disappear when support is needed by the customer.

There also happens to be a number of members who are peddling their wares by passing themselves off as satisfied customers. These are generally fairly easily spotted. I respect much more the companies that state their business, showcase their products and accept genuine comments in the spirit of improving their offering.

I don't know the mix of forum members with regard to amateur (like me) to fully professional engineers, but it would be interesting to find out.

I have my ideals of honesty and integrity and I expect the same of the forum. I do not want to be involved in a slanging match or forum politics. I enjoy the colourful contributions from some members and recognize that sometimes they are forthright and largely well meaning.

I much prefer to live my life with love and good humour.

There, I have said my piece and this thread has wandered seriously off-topic.

I am waiting for a new set of M542H drivers to arrive, which also includes a BoB, LPT cable and USB cable. The last three I can do without, I have a box full of LPT cables, still in their packets, enough USB cables to tow a car with, but being a hoarder, I can't bring myself to sling them out. If they ever do a TV series called Workshop Clearout, I'll be on it.

Hopefully the new drivers will get the machine going, to keep me making things until I get round to my steel gantry build.

Best wishes everyone and a prosperous New Year to all worthy gentlefolk.

Rob.
    Last edited by cropwell; 31-12-2015 at 01:37 AM.

Well, I have taken delivery of three new drivers and wired them in this afternoon. I had a bit of a problem determining the microstepping of the old drivers, so I started from first principles and all seems OK, the machine is cutting properly to dimensions.

Ther is one small glitch to sort out, Estop and Limits seem to randomly trigger. They are NC circuits, so I need to consider what resistance there is between the GND on the BoB and the input wire to the BoB terminals. I'll do that tomorrow afternoon.

I am just pleased to have taken out those ruddy Tonman PD2064M drivers.

Cheers,

Rob

This rings bells with my situation..
    Did I mention anybody specifically ? I was being general about the shameful businesses who rip profits and have no intention of supporting clients. I think you mentioned one such in the north of Nottinghamshire who was selling machines costing over £9,000 that still use parallel ports.

Dean,

PM me please, I need your address and phone number.

Ta,

Rob

There is one small glitch to sort out, Estop and Limits seem to randomly trigger. They are NC circuits, so I need to consider what resistance there is between the GND on the BoB and the input wire to the BoB terminals. I'll do that tomorrow afternoon.
    I sorted it, but it wasn't an easy one to spot. A wire had broken at a soldered terminal and the heat-shrink was holding it in place. When I put the cover on the box, the lid was pushing the 'joint' enough to disconnect it. With the lid off there was no fault to find with a meter.

Hopefully it is all 'solid' now.

Cheers,

Rob

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information