. .
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Episode 20. Significant progress !

Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Cool!!! I am a great fan of your work and now that I see that you know karate,I understand it from the way you brake the mdf, I am even greater!!!
    Nice work!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    Cool!!! I am a great fan of your work and now that I see that you know karate,I understand it from the way you brake the mdf, I am even greater!!!
    Nice work!
    Thanks Nick. I’m only messing around to add a bit of interest. Less karate and more video editing.

5. I've been following on YouTube. I have just one question, why the epoxy leveling? Great machine by the way. I was thinking of combining ideas from several projects and picking the best bits from about 4 DIY CNC router machine builds I've seen on YouTube. Yours has been an inspiration. Hopefully being a complete beginner I'll find some very helpful people here.

I plan on starting my design this week and hopefully some time in the next fortnight I will have a solid idea and start working on a bill of materials after finishing the design. It will be very much like yours at about 1.5m square work area.

Again thanks for the great videos on YouTube. You have added an unholy amount of ideas and knowledge to this community and inspired everyone who's watched your YouTube series of 20 videos so far on this project :-)
    Last edited by Blazing Black Beard; 05-09-2018 at 12:44 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blazing Black Beard For This Useful Post:

Sorry I missed this post. I don’t check the forum too often.

I used epoxy to get the surfaces level and parallel to each other. I don’t have a milling machine and if I did it would need to have 1000mm of travel.

Thanks for the kind words. If it is inspiring others then it makes the video creation worthwhile.
    Last edited by routercnc; 30-09-2018 at 06:09 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Wow... Man that's looking amazing.

Great stuff. I need to do some catching up on this thread!
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 05-10-2018 at 11:51 PM.

10. Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    Sorry I missed this post. I don’t check the forum too often.

I used epoxy to get the surfaces level and parallel to each other. I don’t have a milling machine and if I did it would need to have 1000mm of travel.

Thanks for the kind words. If it is inspiring others then it makes the video creation worthwhile.
    I may have access to a CNC mill but I have been looking at extruded aluminium as well. I can't yet decide what I want to use because I need to consider milling steel and aluminium on the CNC router build I am designing pretty much from scratch.

I may also produce gantry ends, end stops and motor plates with a CNC mill as the person with access to the mill may accept 3D plans from me. I have yet to design it all but hope to make a start on the plate designs some time during this or next weekend. I am familiar with a few 3D design packages but I have not decided what I wish to use yet. I am hoping Fusion 360 will suffice for all my CNC build needs. I do not wish to build a single item of my CNC mill with hand tools and would much prefer the precision and finish of a professional CNC mill as it is likely that a mill will be available via a friend who is a mechanical engineering apprentice.

I'll open a build log as soon as the 3D design is done :-)
    Last edited by Blazing Black Beard; 06-10-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Things are always a compromise. Cutting steel needs rigidity and a mill style layout is better, but then the travels are low. Router style with moving gantry has a much larger cutting area but then rigidity is less.

Episode 21 now complete . . . .

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Hi Routercnc,

If i ever have a promotion video to be produced... Great job again.

Grtz Bert

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A320FL met Tapatalk

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread Information