. .
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    OK, here is Episode 8 (part 1). This one is for the upper cover plates on the main housing of the Y axis. Caused some problems along the way as I don't have the proper tools for sheet metal work but got there in the end.

Last edited by routercnc; 14-11-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Well, what can one say, definitely a work of art, when are you starting on the glass case
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

You are just awesome:D

Skickat från min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nr1madman For This Useful Post:

Awesome,I love the comments on the video also !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickhofen For This Useful Post:

@Clive
    Glass case ? Oh no not more projects !
    Last edited by routercnc; 14-11-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Episode 9 complete. Finishing off the lower cover plates, including a bit of '3D printing . . . .'

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Its one of those days when you think you know a little about building stuff, then you watch this video!!!

That has to be the biggest DIY mill head i have ever seen, its a work of art in aluminium. Four rails? Wiper seals? Covered screws?

This thing could be made at the Rolls Royce factory :)

It really does need an ATC spindle in there though, collets & spanners are old-school :)

Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Its one of those days when you think you know a little about building stuff, then you watch this video!!!

That has to be the biggest DIY mill head i have ever seen, its a work of art in aluminium. Four rails? Wiper seals? Covered screws?

This thing could be made at the Rolls Royce factory :)

It really does need an ATC spindle in there though, collets & spanners are old-school :)

Nice work.
    Cheers Dave!
    Yes would love to do the ATC spindle but need to finish this thing first! I added footage of me changing tools and tightening the collet because 'Jogara' had a post on tools slipping on the ER collet. I hoped to show you only need to hand nip these things.
    The wipers were Zeeflyboys idea and design but I was so impressed I had to fit them to my machine.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to routercnc For This Useful Post:

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Stunning as usual. What is the make of the 3 D printer as it is lightening fast, I want one
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Cheers Clive !

It's a magic hybrid printer - an Epson Stylus Office BX635FWD with a Premier Elements 15 app . . . .

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread Information