. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ok well your connections are correct.

Now set the Rotary dial to "C" and set the micro stepping you want then do AutoConfig on the drive. Either using Software or Flicking SW4 2 times in 2 seconds.
    You may hear the motors buzz and change tone, they squal at first and you'll hear a hiss. This is normal.

If you have enabled the axis in Motor Outputs and the drives connected to correct channel terminals there is no reason why you shouldn't move.

For testing I suggest you remove everything that isn't required just for movement. Except E-stop. That means MPG Module and any other Inputs or outputs. So limts, homes, spindle output etc.
    I can't see why any of these would affect anything but for elimination purposes remove them and start with minimum.

When you have changed these things and if it still doesn't move then go to the Plug-in control and open Plug-in. In the DeBug window you'll see Hm Counters.
    If these are changing while jogging then pulses are going out to the drives. This means the drives them selfs are not working.?

Now the chances you have 3 or 4 faulty drives is Nill and would suggest some other problem.? This could be the Enable inside the drive software is set to PNP meaning you'll need to supply current to enable the drive. This is the only thing I can see that would stop the drive working.
    By default Enable uses NPN meaning you pull the ENA pin to Ground to disable the drive so it should be enabled if unconnected.

After this then I can't help without being infront of the machine.!!

If all else fails then Re-install Mach3 and Cslabs Plug-in.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 06-01-2016 at 03:32 PM.

Thread Information