. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi all i am waine from middlesex just started on these machines i bought the genuine software and have got the 125 up and running if anyone has any parts available for the 260 vmc please let me know i would be very interested i was considering converting to mach but not to sure what the interface is like does anyone know the difference between boxford software and any others i hope to be making some nice stuff with the machines ill keep you updated

Where have you bought the SW?. I've bought the 165HMC some weeks ago. The machine is running but I can't get a copy of the original SW.
    The other thing is, do you have the wiring diagram of your machine.
    I have the diagram from the 190VMC, but this machine don't have the tool turret of the 260. So I don't know how its wired. I know only, the motor must be a DC-Motor and can only turn for 45° until a cam (in fact a simple hole) on the underside of the turret stops the rotation. But I want to know if the switch goes to the controllercard or to the control unit.

I must read my documentation of my little Emco lathe. Somewhere should be drawings and programs (you must change G2 and G3 and maybe negate all X-Positions) of chesspieces.

The SW of theBoxford machines is some 20 Years old and the control board have only the parts, which are standard at these time.
    I don't know which processor they use, but I fear nothing better than a 6800 or a 80(1)86. My Emco has only a 6502 in it, but is some 5 Years older.
    Last edited by uli12us; 03-01-2016 at 09:47 PM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Waine View Post
    hi all i am waine from middlesex just started on these machines i bought the genuine software and have got the 125 up and running if anyone has any parts available for the 260 vmc please let me know i would be very interested i was considering converting to mach but not to sure what the interface is like does anyone know the difference between boxford software and any others i hope to be making some nice stuff with the machines ill keep you updated
    Ive done a Mach 3 conversion on my mill. Also in Middlesex (Ickenham). Ive not done a lathe before but its all similar, so might be able to help.

hi yes im only in ruislip myself chaz come and have a look one day if you like i love these machines

uli12us my software is the new boxford cadcam desine tool v10.5 i bought it from boxford and it cost 760 all in with some tools i needed its expencive but so easy to use but everyone seems to convert them ill have a look for a wiring diagram for you i took the carrolsel off mine im just waiting on a stepper driver because one of mine went down

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ive done a Mach 3 conversion on my mill. Also in Middlesex (Ickenham). Ive not done a lathe before but its all similar, so might be able to help.
    Chaz your profile is still saying Whitworth when you hover over the flag. Are you on holiday or have you abandoned the north
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

I asked Boxford for SW but the don't want to sell me one. And for a price of 1100€, I can nearly twice add a motion controller like Mesa 7i76 or CSMIO IP/M with Mach3.

If you open your control cabinet, you'll find the same hardware as in my
    165HMC, except you have only 3 Stepperdrivers and the controller board for it, instead of 4.
    All the other parts should be the same. Maybe not always in the same position.

But the Stepperdrivers can't control with 5V TTL as today, they need 12V Cmos. For this you need a small driver with 1 or 2 little Transistors and Resistors. Unfortunately I don't know if they need a positive or negative signal to make one step.

Yes I have 3 and a do one for the turret if you convert and you want to sell the stepper drivers pm me please

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	242.0 KB 
ID:	17100This is my stepper driver

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chaz your profile is still saying Whitworth when you hover over the flag. Are you on holiday or have you abandoned the north
    Abandoned ....

Will fix, thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information