. .
    Just saying Hi.
    I have been prompted to join having lurked in the 'Zone for ten years.
    I have worked with NC machines, starting in 1972, CNC, since 1978, and made a few bits by programming along the way. I have commissioned new machines as well as installing retro-fit accessories, together with a bit of process development along the way. However I am now retired from where I have been doing just that for over thirty years.

I do admit to having a blind-spot when it comes to electronics though - this is where I may need a bit of help.
    Currently I am preparing my home workshop - next step is insulation, and a dust-free floor. Once that's done I can get onto my main focus which is to retrofit an old CNC dental mill with a 'modern' CNC system and get onto making cases and dials for watches. Horological wheels and pinions may be a step too far, but I am looking at it closely (sorry about the pun). A diode laser may be in my future for lithography, not cutting, and the delta 3d printer concept fascinates me.

In return I can possibly contribute to discussions about swiss lathe designs, heat treatment, materials and so on. I've even dabbled in coolant, or was that paddled - that went pear-shaped a few times.

I look forward to being involved.

Kind Regards

Hi and welcome to the forum, there's plenty of people on the forum who can help you with all things electrickery...I'm not really one of them as I'm a self confessed dunce when it comes to electrickery but I'll chip in where I can. Sounds like you've got plenty of projects lined up to keep you busy for a long while! With regards to the mill, have a look through the build logs on here as there will be lots of relevant bits in them that will apply to yours, I'm guessing it'll just be a matter of scale!

Good luck and welcome again!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Hi, and welcome.

Hats off to the amount of experience you bring to the table.

Hi
    Welcome to the forum, i am sure you will enjoy your time here. There is an absolute treasure trove of information here and the lads are always willing to help with any question you may have.
    As advised the build logs are agreat place to start.
    Regards
    Mike

Hi
    Many thanks for the warm welcome from the forum. I hope I can live up to your expectations.
    Now to get on with the workshop insulation project!!

Regards

David
    Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi
    Welcome to the forum, i am sure you will enjoy your time here. There is an absolute treasure trove of information here and the lads are always willing to help with any question you may have.
    As advised the build logs are agreat place to start.
    Regards
    Mike

Thread Information