. .
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Feedback:
    digital drives cwd556
    cant afford ip-m so have gone for KK01 BOB
    will upgrade to ESS next pay day but will get it moving on this.

power supply - currently using the 29v supply after learning how to get it all back together again. This will be upgraded to a new cap and transformer for a bigger supply when I can afford it.

Currently the machine is running and I'm pleased I've got this far. I'd like to wire up the limits and home then it's on to spending money for motion control and supply.

Information regarding homing was off YouTube, move vids seem to home to the centre.

Quote Originally Posted by craynerd View Post
    Anyone lend advice regarding limit switches and homing.

I I have two limit switches at the extreme of each axis, so 6 switches in total. Considering I'll have spindle input on off, touch plate probe etc, am I best putting all limits in series on one pin?

Im still confused by home switches. I don't see why you need a home and you can't just hit the limit switches as a corner home. Or even hit the limit switches for position and then find a software based home. I must be missing something. Also, most people seem to home to the centre of the bed. What is the best way to mount these switches and have them triggered as I guess they will mechanically get triggered a lot when the machine is actually in action?

Cheers
    On a full size 'proper' cnc machine the limit switches will lock out the controller until someone with nouce can determine if it is safe to re-set them.

Remember you are playing with tiddly little stuff, but a full size machine can have several kilowatts of axis drive power that can shift things pretty fast and do very much damage.

On my Beaver Partsmaster the previous owner screwed up the Y limit switch setting, and it had managed to destroy a VERY expensive 40 mm ball screw and nut - if only those students hadn't fiddled ! (ex Bristol University)

On my Traub lathe the mass of the tool turret and slide mechanism is huge with servo drives of commensurate size - you don't mess with the limits on those unless you have very deep pockets

Good practise dictate that you have separate limit and home switches

3. https://youtu.be/aBahgG8YzK0

The cnc machine is now up and running. I`m blown away with how fast and how accurate it is and how well it did with a 4mm cut depth in brass cutting some text.

It has no motion control on it yet and just the 25v supply.
    Last edited by craynerd; 24-01-2016 at 08:59 PM.

Hi Chris,

I hace buy a ISEL CPM 4030 this week without software.
    Looking how I can use the CNC I found your topic, very interesting.

Can you send me more details about what you changed on the Milling machine to let it work?

Saturday I get the CNC and I can look the internal components.

Regards,
    Philippe

did you wire the 8 wire motors b polar parallel
    Last edited by nobby; 16-07-2017 at 07:03 PM.

I have a full licenced copy of the KAY software for sale including the instruction manual. This will enable you to feed the machine from most any Cam system with an "Isel" post processor. E.g. Fusion 360, Estlecam etc.
    Let me know if you would be interested

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leadhead For This Useful Post:

some one made me a pair of 65mm motor mounts for mine, he is on here

you can get mini vfd's now
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Top-CNC-MI...8AAOSwyZ5Ul8SG

it might quieten it down from 90 db to 65
    plus you won't have to have the door open to switch yours on
    Last edited by nobby; 16-07-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    I have a full licenced copy of the KAY software for sale including the instruction manual. This will enable you to feed the machine from most any Cam system with an "Isel" post processor. E.g. Fusion 360, Estlecam etc.
    Let me know if you would be interested
    Hi,

I have test the Kay (demo-version) and it's working, It dhould be nice to have a full version.
    I'm interested into your offer.

Regard,
    Philippe

Hi very interesting, I bought the day before yesterday a CPM - 3018 from a place in Harwarden for a offer of £100 plan on using a elderly PC i have in shed and https://charter-controls.com/product...rollers/g251x/ drives no idea what breakout board as PC dose not have a pparallel port

when i get it home tomorrow i will run a demo software on it to ensure it moves, dont see why not it seems to have had little use

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0578_zpsda3ygtxp.jpg 
Views:	313 
Size:	285.8 KB 
ID:	22452
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0575_zpshti9r2kk.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	395.6 KB 
ID:	22453

Still have the licenced Kay software if of any interest?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information