. .
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valdis034 View Post
    Is there any chance that somehow i have blocked my posts, so others cant see it? The same with massages? Or people just doesnt respond as much as i would like? :D

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G900F Tapatalk 4 Lt
    No your posts are fine and not blocked. But it is not easy to answer a question without more details of what you are trying to achieve.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

In which point you would need more details? Just let me know. I tried to give screenshots of every important point, but if there is something you would like to see i can put them in here.

How about the whole frame structure, z axis and things like that?

In which point you would need more details? Just let me know. I tried to give screenshots of every important point, but if there is something you would like to see i can put them in here.

How about the whole frame structure, z axis and things like that?

Do I detect sarcasm ?
    So in my case i have it 10mm and attaching it to the other plate with M6 screws. Is that allright?
    What is the other plate.?

Is your measurement just to the end of the key in the shaft?

http://cnc4you.co.uk/resources/Stepp...1B%203.1Nm.pdf
    You don't give feedback
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

No. No sarcasm at all i cant understand why you spoted it in there. It is all good! :)

My "other" plate is the one on which is going motors mounting plate and both of them are making 90 degree angle. And whole this assemble is mounted onto the leg.

About the shafts in my model they are the round ones whitout key. So i will go for the key shaft for longer shaft and better grip for grub screws.

Valdis in Reply to your PM then can't see any major issues with the design. Couple of small suggestions but other than these nothing seriously wrong.

#1 I would brace the connection between bearing plate and gantry side.

#2 Would bring the rails on the Gantry to front slot to lessen the lever affect.

Is there any chance that somehow i have blocked my posts, so others cant see it? The same with massages? Or people just doesnt respond as much as i would like? :D

I, for one, haven't replied because I've been away since my last post and then spent all weekend stripping out an old caravan back to bare walls I've recently bought plus welding up the frame to get my CNC router upright at last :D
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Valdis in Reply to your PM then can't see any major issues with the design. Couple of small suggestions but other than these nothing seriously wrong.

#1 I would brace the connection between bearing plate and gantry side.

#2 Would bring the rails on the Gantry to front slot to lessen the lever affect.
    #1 If I move rails to the front slot i will have bigger gap between gantry and Z axis back plate (at the moment it is 3mm) if I am using wide carriages. Maybe i could use the narrow ones the same like on Z axis?

#2 How i could brace that connection? I have some of these so i could use them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21.jpg 
Views:	285 
Size:	128.0 KB 
ID:	18930
    They are 40x40 and 6mm thickness.

OR this version?

Name:	22.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	183.4 KB 
ID:	18931
    Last edited by valdis034; 25-07-2016 at 09:41 PM.

#1 If I move rails to the front slot i will have bigger gap between gantry and Z axis back plate (at the moment it is 3mm) if I am using wide carriages. Maybe i could use the narrow ones the same like on Z axis?
    I was going from your pics which looked like wide gap between z rear plate and gantry profile. Without seeing better view then can't comment further.

#2 How i could brace that connection? I have some of these so i could use them.
    They are 40x40 and 6mm thickness.
    No wouldn't use those and would go with something like your second option.

Here it is. Between narrow carriage and gantry profile side is only 2mm gap, and the same dimension for wide one is 11.5mm. So the question is if I benefit a lot from wide carriages?

Name:	23.jpg 
Views:	397 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	18932Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	18933

Some small update from me :)
    During last days as i been advised moved Y axis rails to the front slot, then made a bit smaller plate on which going Z axis motor so saved some unnecesary weight. Now trying to find out the cable routes..

For the cables and water pipes on the gantry I done a channel from 1mm sheet metal just to see how it looks. Not sure if it will be strong enough to hold the chain.. Any suggestions on that?

Name:	25.jpg 
Views:	396 
Size:	273.2 KB 
ID:	18979Click image for larger version. 

Name:	26.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	18980

Started to look for the companies which does aluminuum extrusions, got some quotes. The best price for all the extrusions seen in my model was £340, which is bit more than i expected, but i guess thats the price for them. Does anyone knows a good supplier for them where i could get for the best price? Thanks guys.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information