. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    O i see what you mean now
    Well had a bad day today as two of the 3 leadshine drivers are not working at all so now im looking at new drivers
    question is what is everyone else using with success?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

If you have killed 2 Em503 drives then you have a problem some were because they are not easily killed. They are strong drives with good protection.
    You haven't been unpluging the Motors while drives switched on have you.? This will kill them every time.!

No I know not to do that
    But didnt know the cable for protuner wire couldnt be plugged in whilst powered up so that killed 1 but I wasnt aware of this untill today when I plugged it into another but with power off but it was too late as the wire was burnt on the end and melted the socket
    Ouch!!!!

I needed 1 more driver to slave the y axis anyway so next payday its off to zappautomation for 3 em503's coz they ran the motors very smooth
    I will start my control box from scratch with 2 48v psu that can be adjusted down to 43-45v (is this okay)??
    And also I hope to upgrade to a ethernet controller instead of the bob but not sure what or where to get 1 from but im sure you can point me in the right direction
    Absolutely gutted about the broken drives but I suppose ill never do it again a haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lewywri89 View Post
    I needed 1 more driver to slave the y axis anyway so next payday its off to zappautomation for 3 em503's coz they ran the motors very smooth
    I will start my control box from scratch with 2 48v psu that can be adjusted down to 43-45v (is this okay)??
    And also I hope to upgrade to a ethernet controller instead of the bob but not sure what or where to get 1 from but im sure you can point me in the right direction
    Absolutely gutted about the broken drives but I suppose ill never do it again a haha

What make you think you have blown the drives? post a pic of the faulty drive and say how you think you have blown it. Also why will you need two power supplies?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

The first one has no visual damage but no power to motor
    The second is damaged from plugging the rs232 cable that I burnt plugging in the first 1 whilst powered on and has now pulled the pins out the socket of the second
    Thought 2 psu's for 4 drivers was ideal if not I will need one with 4 outputs won't I??

Quote Originally Posted by Lewywri89 View Post
    The first one has no visual damage but no power to motor
    The second is damaged from plugging the rs232 cable that I burnt plugging in the first 1 whilst powered on and has now pulled the pins out the socket of the second
    Thought 2 psu's for 4 drivers was ideal if not I will need one with 4 outputs won't I??
    OK you say no power to motor are there any lights on it? One power supply will be OK then split the output into 3 or 4 with fuses. Unregulated is the way to go with a toroidal like this http://www.zappautomation.co.uk/elec...er-supply.html but it depends on what drives you go for. You could build one for about £60.
    Last edited by Clive S; 23-01-2016 at 10:03 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Yes the green light is on all drives
    The motor does not hold when powered on and is easily turned as if no power is there
    I will post a pic of the drives in about 10-15 mins Just on way to workshop now
    I didn't know you could split the power from 1 to 4 outputs with stepper drives so thank do that
    I will watch the video in a sec
    Thanks for the help
    Lewis

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453546265398.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	28.6 KB 
ID:	17332

If i soldered a new port on would this help or do you think the internal circuit will be goosed?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information