. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewywri89 View Post
    Attachment 17332

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    The pic is too much out of focus to see it. Also there might be a fuse in the other drive
    Last edited by Clive S; 23-01-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thinking about this and there should be no way that should have happened to burn the plug up like that. I would check that there is not a potential difference between the case on the drive and the pc.
    ..Clive

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1453547221254.JPG 
Views:	139 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	17333

I had it running the other day but so slow it was barley noticeable
    But since I plugged in the software cable in when it was on one drive wouldn't work
    Then I didn't notice the cable pins were burnt until I plugged into the next drive and couldn't unplug it
    The port on the first drive however looks fine

I had it running the other day but so slow it was barley noticeable
    But since I plugged in the software cable in when it was on one drive wouldn't work
    Then I didn't notice the cable pins were burnt until I plugged into the next drive and couldn't unplug it
    The port on the first drive however looks fine

Sorry but you are not making a lot of sense. It is difficult to know what is actually wrong. You need to do methodically one step at a time and give clear answers.

So do any axis work if so which one and does it move the correct commanded distance?

Have you checked if there is a PD between the drive case and the PC because putting the protune plug in should not have caused a burn up.?

Try and get just one axis working first.
    ..Clive

Sorry I should of said I had all axis moving via pc keyboard and was very slow
    Before i changed the numbers jazz gave me I realised the 800microstep I said it was set to was way out as the drivers only go to 512 according to manual so I thought I'd go into protuner and double check but I plugged into the x axis drive when powered up and since then the motor didn't have power to it but the green led is on the drive
    Next day I then plugged the cable into the z axis driver and couldn't communicate with pro tuner so checked the connections and noticed this had happened

What do you mean by a P between driver case and pc?

Im sorry to be confusing
    Lewis

Pd*

Pd*

PD as in #32 potential difference between the case on the drive and the pc. in other words is put a volt meter between the case of the pc and the case of the drive it should be zero.

what model and make is the driver?

you still not have answered the questions. re read post #35

re the drive with the damaged contacts in the socket make sure that none of the contacts are touching each other as the drive might still work.
    Last edited by Clive S; 23-01-2016 at 04:26 PM.
    ..Clive

Before i changed the numbers jazz gave me I realised the 800microstep I said it was set to was way out as the drivers only go to 512 according to manual
    Ok we have confussion going on here because there are 2 ways micro stepping is shown or described. It gets involved but i'll try to explain quickly.
    Typical stepper takes 200 steps to turn 1 revolution. Now Micro stepping is explained two ways either total Micro steps Per Rev ie 1600 or the number of 200 pulses ie: 8x 200. Both these mean the same thing.
    So when your seeing 512 in manual then that means 200 x 512 =256000 micro steps per rev which is massive and you can never use.
    Now you need 1600Ms so then you need to set Micro stepping in Protune software to 8.

Now where it gets confussing is the Dip switches on the drives relate Micro stepping Ie 1600.

Regards the Blown drive's then put that down to experience and keep to the safe rule of never unplug or plug-in anything while powered up.

Thanks I've done the pd and was zero
    The drivers are leadshine em503
    All the axis worked but wrong speed/distance
    I never managed to change the setting in motor tune page in mach 3 so I presume that was my speed problem but 2 drives out of 3 no longer provide power to motors so I assume these broke
    I wish I could explain it better for you but I'm not a genius at this sort of thing plz forgive me

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information