. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cool couldn't see it anywhere, I just put a message out to a few of the aliexpress boys to see if I can get a price, closest I can find listed is PC6-M8 corse.

.Me
    .Me

I bought some adapters, M8 male to 1/8BSP female from Context Pneumatic in Bolton, pricey at £4.98 each, but their push in fittings are cheap.

Cheers,

Rob
    Last edited by cropwell; 21-04-2016 at 10:19 PM.

Cheers Rob,

Just got word back on these:

10pcs/lot 6mm Tube M8 Thread Pneumatic Fitting Quick Joint Connector PC6-M8

http://s.aliexpress.com/IbA3QVjq

Says they are M8x1, if you go via the mobile app you get 16% off, works out about £5 for 10 or around 40p each, not quite the same as the others.

Dean how comes you change them for push fit type anyway, are the standard clamp type not very good that come with them?

.Me
    .Me

Lee,

See post #5. My reason for wanting to change the fittings was that I couldn't get the original fittings to clamp down over the pipe (8mm OD 6mm ID). As I have many metres of this pipe, I didn't want to buy any more of a different size. I would have liked M8 male to 8mm push in, but couldn't find it directly. I have the brass, taps and dies to make an adapter, but couldn't be arsed to, when they were available to buy.

Rob

Ahh I see, in the end this was the best price I could find for 6mm od x M8, there listed as 1/8 but if you message the seller first he'll send you the M8x1, I know you don't need them but others may and this is mostly for Jazz if he's interested in buying them cheaper.

Free shipping HIGH QUALITY 30pcs 6mm to 1/8" Pneumatic Connectors male straight one-touch fittings BSPT PC6-01

http://s.aliexpress.com/qiqMv2eY

I've ordered a smaller pack of 10 for £2.70 :).

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Dean how comes you change them for push fit type anyway, are the standard clamp type not very good that come with them?
    Just don't like them also means can use smaller Dia tube.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

I think that polyurethane tube is a nice touch, now that they are cheap on ebay. And if transparent and cooling liquid pink red, then even better for the "Frankenstein" effect
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I think that polyurethane tube is a nice touch, now that they are cheap on ebay. And if transparent and cooling liquid pink red, then even better for the "Frankenstein" effect
    Hummm, black frame, green plates, red veins...when are you painting your machine Boyan?

You go first - I follow the colour scheme :-)

.Me
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post

Pink antifreeze, add red food dye, nice soft clear silicone tubing and pulse the flow at about 80 b.p.m. - you could really make your machine come alive !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information