. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Run wire from the FWD to the Relay Output on the Bob and back to Gnd on VFD. Then Set PN04 = 2. This will take care of ON/OFF provided you Enable the output in mach3 and assign the output number in Spindle setup.

For speed control you need to take the 10V from BOB to 10V-IN on VFD. 0V form BOB to Gnd on VFD. Set PN03 =4.
    This will take care of Speed control provided you set it up correctly in mach3.

To be honest Don't like the fact the Analog 0v doesn't appear to be islolated from common Gnd but your stuck with that I suppose.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Lives in Essex, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10-08-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 23.
    Thanks Jazz will take this and run with it this week thanks again.

Lives in Essex, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10-08-2020 Has been a member for 7-8 years. Has a total post count of 23.
    I've followed instruction and at the moment when turning on spindle using the m3 s10000 command in diagnostics, a clicking noise is made and the dwell active flashes yellow once. On the BOB the relay light goes on but no movement from the spindle.

On the wiring I wasn't 100% sure what you meant when wiring the 0v from the BOB, on the BOB there is 0-10v and then a GND next to it on the right hand side. So I tried both when having the gnd vfd and 10v-in on vfd going both into the 0-10v on BOB the display on VFD was 000.00 and the relay light on the BOB only came on when the spindle was turned on trough mach3.

When using the gnd vfd to the gnd next to the 0-10v on BOB the relay light was on constantly with a faint light then went bright when spindle was turned on through mach3.

I have made the changes to the vfd setup like instructed and followed the manual and enabled the spindle through the mach3 following the manual I posted before but I'm at a loss. Any ideas?

Thanks Toby

New Update.
    I've designed a piece for a family member's wedding and this will be the first g code I created with aspire vectric. Also the first thing i have attempted to cut with the machine. I loaded the code and started the cycle but what I found was a stuttering and strain on the y and especially x axis when making small movements. The z was going up and down like a dream but this is on a screw where the x and y are on belts.

I lowered the velocity and speed but this made it worse. Ive uploaded two videos at the different speeds at 1000v and 300a and then half of this on youtube the stuttering gets worse towards the end of the video. Also below I have uploaded the code created by aspire and some screenshots of the axis on mach screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjiC_srqoO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AXxvEFkOA4

The step motors are all set at 1600

Thankyou for any help

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dereksign.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	198.2 KB 
ID:	19018Attachment 19012Attachment 19013Attachment 19014Attachment 19015Attachment 19016
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by toby; 13-08-2016 at 10:34 PM.

You could have two issues working together here.?

First one is that your in Exact stop mode. This is easy to tell by looking at the top bar to see if G61 also on lower right if CV button is Off (not lit blue)

The other is the fact your G-code is using little lines to go around corners rather than creating arc's.

Together the will give you this stuttering because Exact stop will do just that and stop for fraction sec at end of each little line.

Try this again but first go to MDI and type G64 to make sure in Constant Velocity mode.

To fix the G-code then you need Post that use Arc's. I think Aspire has post that say's mm/arc's.

Name:	exactstop.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	617.7 KB 
ID:	19019

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Hi Jazz thank you for the fast response, I input the g64 and checked aspire and I saved the toolpath selecting 'mach2/3 arcs (mm)'. I still got the stuttering movement issue? I've uploaded the setting pages below if that gives a better insight to the issue.

Name:	generalconfig.png 
Views:	180 
Size:	143.0 KB 
ID:	19020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	generalconfig2.png 
Views:	177 
Size:	188.0 KB 
ID:	19021

I converted the design to lines and arcs before importing into aspire, did this make a difference to the lines going round the corners? I can already tell that the file size is different, The new code is uploaded below.
    thanks for the help
    Toby
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by toby; 14-08-2016 at 01:59 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information