Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. #11
    Nice vid as always and good to show mistakes warts and all. I noticed that you are going to finally put homing switches on using mechanical switches if you mount them as you indicated it will only be a matter of time before you crush them.

    It is better to mount them so that the gantry or whatever can ride over them it is easier to use proxy switches mounted at right angles to the direction of travel so that the target runs over the top of the switch.
    ..Clive

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Nice vid as always and good to show mistakes warts and all. I noticed that you are going to finally put homing switches on using mechanical switches if you mount them as you indicated it will only be a matter of time before you crush them.

    It is better to mount them so that the gantry or whatever can ride over them it is easier to use proxy switches mounted at right angles to the direction of travel so that the target runs over the top of the switch.
    Thanks Clive and points taken - I'll have to have a think about how to position the switches, but I think I have a few options.

    I've also been considering freeing up some workshop space by "vertically" mounting the machine recently to make room for other machinery.

  3. #13
    Chris, I agree with Clive (though I'm not sure I'm in a good position to comment as I've not got all my limits mounted yet and those that are aren't wired in.......) proxy's are the way to go and they're no harder to wire than mechanical switches.

    Go vertical, nothing to be lost and everything to be gained!!!!! Mine is going vertical (well 85) when I get the time at work to cut up and weld the frame (the steel is sitting rusting away out in the yard.....) and I can't wait as bending over the sides is a PITA

    P.S. if you want some Proxy's then I've some you can have.
    Last edited by njhussey; 01-02-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Chris, I agree with Clive (though I'm not sure I'm in a good position to comment as I've not got all my limits mounted yet and those that are aren't wired in.......) proxy's are the way to go and they're no harder to wire than mechanical switches.

    Go vertical, nothing to be lost and everything to be gained!!!!! Mine is going vertical (well 85) when I get the time at work to cut up and weld the frame (the steel is sitting rusting away out in the yard.....) and I can't wait as bending over the sides is a PITA

    P.S. if you want some Proxy's then I've some you can have.
    Thanks Neil, that's good news - I've always struggled with things like Hall Sensors etc. in the past - I take it they don't need an OpAmp or anything to work?

    Thanks for the offer if you have some spare - I'll PM.

  5. #15
    Morning all,

    Part 6 is up and I guess shows the advantages of modelling the neck by cutting the profile in CAD from a virtual block i.e. you get a negative model at the same time:



    Unusually there were no EBKAC (Error Between Keyboard And Chair) moments to show this time round...

  6. #16
    Looking good Chris, following this with great interest...
    Neil...

    Build log...here

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    Looking good Chris, following this with great interest...
    Thanks Neil,

    Looks like there might be a bit of a gap in videos for this project, as I'm stuck whilst waiting for deliveries of both hardware to make sure the body routes and drilling is correct and some acrylic glue for the neck binding.

    Luckily there's plenty of other projects to do...

  8. #18
    Part 7 - no CNC in this video due to binding the necks, but that will resume for the next two videos to come:


  9. #19
    Part 8 is up in 2 videos - 8a is a walkthrough of Fusion 360 end to end and 8b is the machining:




  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Part 8 is up in 2 videos - 8a is a walkthrough of Fusion 360 end to end and 8b is the machining:



    As ever a great video from you. Yours are up there with the ones I most like to watch on YT.

    Many thanks

    Steve

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NEW MEMBER: Newbie seeking CNC info for guitar building
    By rusty999 in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15-01-2016, 02:26 PM
  2. FOR SALE: CNC project
    By amxen in forum Items For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20-12-2015, 09:19 PM
  3. New project - Aluminium Guitar Nut Height Gauge
    By Washout in forum Metalwork Project Showcase
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2015, 10:04 AM
  4. NEW MEMBER: Back after a little rest
    By bogstandard in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27-02-2015, 07:12 PM
  5. Guitar Hero Meets, T-Slotted Profiles !!!
    By Lee Roberts in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 19-10-2008, 03:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •