. .
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Perhaps when the time comes (we both have projects to finish :) ) we could do a collaboration video as your machine's larger bed would save a lot of grief when it comes to cutting out the bodies.
    Another cool build. Looking forward to that one taking shape..!

Wal.

Morning chaps,

More progress - nitro lacquer going on in this vid i.e. colour at last:

Last edited by Washout; 10-06-2016 at 09:20 AM.

No doubt you have seen this guys work, but here it is for other forum members to be amazed at !

http://www.carverdoug.com/guitars.html

Cheers,

Rob

I wish I had your skill and patience Chris - I would love to build a Harpejji.

Hi Rob

Yes I have seen those guitars - they're really nice.

That Harpejji looks interesting and looks to be more 2D than a Fender design so should be doable if you can find a design/blueprint somewhere.

Chris

Hi Rob

Yes I have seen those guitars - they're really nice.

That Harpejji looks interesting and looks to be more 2D than a Fender design so should be doable if you can find a design/blueprint somewhere.

Chris
    The Harpejji board should be simple on a CNC router, it is just a matter of getting the fret distances right. The formula is something like 1/17 of the remaining distance to the bridge (but I would check it out properly). Electronics are more of a problem, I think you will need a sustain circuit for each string and that, in turn, means individual pick-up coils. The Chapman Stick works on a similar principle.

Cheers

Rob

Yes makes sense - there's a couple of scale length/fret calculators out there (Stewmac and Manchester Guitar Tech iirc have them).

I must look into Sustainers as well at some point - I'm guessing they are similar to my beloved e-bow?

I've always fancied having a go on a Chapman Stick and didn't realise they use a separate pickup coil per string. That's very similar to the Gittler, which is another concept I've had in mind to incorporate into a guitar design.....so many ideas...so little time :)

Yes makes sense - there's a couple of scale length/fret calculators out there (Stewmac and Manchester Guitar Tech iirc have them).

I must look into Sustainers as well at some point - I'm guessing they are similar to my beloved e-bow?

I've always fancied having a go on a Chapman Stick and didn't realise they use a separate pickup coil per string. That's very similar to the Gittler, which is another concept I've had in mind to incorporate into a guitar design.....so many ideas...so little time :)
    If you want to trigger MIDI you need separate coils like on the Shadow SH35. Roland do a similar pick-up, but I can't remember the model number. Otherwise I suppose you can get away with standard guitar pick-ups.

My experience of MIDI guitar was a little fraught, to say the least, and I have the Shadow kit sitting on a shelf doing nothing for a number of years.

Rob

Hi all,

Some CNC for the Jaguars whilst I wait for the lacquer to harden:

Part 15a - CAD/CAM

Part 15b - Machining:

Hi all,

Latest video in the Jaguar saga is up, but no CNC this time:

So by way of compensation here's another scratchplate machining video and CAD/CAM walkthrough from another guitar project I'm getting to the end of:

Fusion 360 CAD/CAM:

Machining:

Looking good Chris....Tele soon? 😋
    Neil...

Build log...here

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information