. .
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Telecaster next :)
    must talk to you about a collaboration Chris....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Beautiful. Just beautiful..!

Wal.

Thanks guys,

@Neil - yes indeed - bit busy atm, but hope to have a start on the neck and body on Fusion360 by this coming Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Washout View Post
    Thanks guys,

@Neil - yes indeed - bit busy atm, but hope to have a start on the neck and body on Fusion360 by this coming Sunday.
    I'll have a play with Fusion 360 in readiness then...
    Neil...

Build log...here

Id like to get in on this! I've started some sketches but would greatly appreciate some fusion files!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ericmac View Post
    Id like to get in on this! I've started some sketches but would greatly appreciate some fusion files!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi Eric

See the other thread for the Telecaster project.

Cheers

Chris

Superb thread.

I was expecting you to cut another slot in the baseboard to mimic the truss rod slot and use that as a register to machine the reverse of the neck. But then noticed your register pins...
    You had some roughness problems which to me were to do with cutter rotation and timber grain directions. Might get over that by changing the cutter travel direction in local areas to avoid the grain lifting?

Soon have strings on!

Quote Originally Posted by fwm891 View Post
    Superb thread.

I was expecting you to cut another slot in the baseboard to mimic the truss rod slot and use that as a register to machine the reverse of the neck. But then noticed your register pins...
    You had some roughness problems which to me were to do with cutter rotation and timber grain directions. Might get over that by changing the cutter travel direction in local areas to avoid the grain lifting?

Soon have strings on!
    Hi fwm891

Thanks and the idea of using the truss rod slot as an indexing fixture is interested and less fiddly than pins. If I was looking to produce these in any quantity I think that would be a good way to go.
    Agree on the direction thing - its always a bit of a lottery when cutting wood and using tool paths that might not mix in certain portions of its travel. I get asked for feedback by Autodesk on occasion for Fusion 360 and being able to specify "wood" as a material and a grain direction that the tool path can then take account of might be a good feature for them, to implement in software as a checkbox.

BTW - I made the CAD available for the Telecaster on one of the videos if you want to do one yourself, or PM me your email address and I'll add you directly to the Fusion 360 project.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information