. .
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Hi Everyone,

Rather than clogging up the excellent Inspiration thread, I'll start a thread to show my progress on making a Fender Jaguar guitar on my CNC machine (or at least as far as that is possible).

So here's the latest video, carving out the main neck body from maple and a following one, which whilst showing me hand making some body templates shows the results of the neck carving on the machine:

The next video in this series will show the fingerboard, but I have many hours of video to edit so won't be until later this week.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Watched Part 4 earlier today. Excellent work - I take it you play? Looking forward to seeing it plugged in..!

Wal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wal View Post
    Watched Part 4 earlier today. Excellent work - I take it you play? Looking forward to seeing it plugged in..!

Wal.
    Thanks Wal,

Yes, I've had a guitar addiction for many years, with occasional Bass, Mandolin, Keyboards and woeful attempts at drumming. I've seen your playing on your channel and most impressed - makes me miss the band thing (but not the hauling kit about part).

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the 0.5mm cutter - made me recheck my toolpaths and I had to raise the bottom of the pocket heights by 0.5mm to avoid the taper part of the shank from cutting too deeply into the fret slots. I'll use a fretting saw to deepen the slots if needed.

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    Hehe, same here. 11 basses at last count... Got into the CNC thing through wanting to build my own - so far I've built a machine to help me build the bigger machine...

Glad to hear that the heads up on the 0.5 cutter may have saved you a bit of headache.

Wal.

Wal.

One evening I'm going to sit down and watch these all back to back Chris and make some notes!!! I want to make a guitar (or two....) with my machine starting off with something simple like a Tele and then moving onto an Explorer or V.....
    Neil...

Build log...here

Quote Originally Posted by njhussey View Post
    One evening I'm going to sit down and watch these all back to back Chris and make some notes!!! I want to make a guitar (or two....) with my machine starting off with something simple like a Tele and then moving onto an Explorer or V.....
    Hi Neil,

Funnily enough I have in mind a telecaster myself once the two/three guitars I have on the go are finished. The version I have in mind will have front and back binding, a neck humbucker, phase switch and pre-amp i.e. the Andy Summers model without the $10,000 price tag (if Fender made any more that is). Even though I have a US Standard Tele (circa 95) it doesn't have the tonal variations to get Andy's sound and as I finally nailed the Message in a Bottle sound using an EHX Electric Mistress I need the boost as that flanger pedal cuts the volume when activated.

Ooops apologies gone all guitar nerd on the forum... ;)

I was playing a Tele on the weekend in Reidys in Blackburn which had two humbuckers both coil tapped and loved the playability of it and the different tones you could get....going to look for plans this weekend!
    Neil...

Build log...here

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    It seems there is a language problem here I must try Google translate.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    It seems there is a language problem here I must try Google translate.
    Hehe.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

More progress - this time the fingerboard (cue foreign guitar geek dialects again ;) )

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information