. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    So I have a cnc, that is about 90x45cm in size. Until now I was using the Proxxon FBS 240/E, but it is not up to the job, so I need to replace it. Right now I am thinking about getting a Kress 1050 FME-1, or one of the chinese 2.2kW liquid cooled motors (the chinese one is also twice the price). Which would be a better option for me, or should I get something completely different. I am mostly working with wood and occasionally plastics, but I would like to be able to also work on aluminum, when we upgrade the machine.

The Chinese water spindle is way better than the Kress, which is not really made for that job. Its like comparing Ferrari to a tractor
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    The Chinese water spindle is way better than the Kress, which is not really made for that job. Its like comparing Ferrari to a tractor
    I was leaning towards the Chinese spindle, since i saw a comparison, and it is a lot quieter.
    As far as I know Ferrari also made tractors, and the Proxxon I had was not made for the job, but it worked for the last few years. But as I said, I will most likely go with a Chinese spindle.

Poslano z mojega ONE A2003 z uporabo Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Zynch175 View Post
    As far as I know Ferrari also made tractors, and the Proxxon I had was not made for the job, but it worked for the last few years.
    Think you'll find that was Lamborghini.!!. . . But Boyan is correct Kress are toys in comparison.

So I found some local guys doing a group buy, and I got in, so I ordered a 1,5kW spindle, since the 2,2kW are quite a bit over my budget.

I had a Kress. Noisy as hell. Go for a smaller Chinese Watercooled spindle if you can.

Lives in Plymouth, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 34 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,726. Received thanks 295 times, giving thanks to others 11 times.
    And I wouldn't worry about going for the smaller spindle. I doubt that many home-built machines can fully load the bigger spindle and the main reason for choosing the larger size is they usually take ER20 collets which allow up to 1/2" cutter shanks.

Indeed. The Kress is only rated at 1050 Watts. I think it will smoke before it delivers that type of output.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    And I wouldn't worry about going for the smaller spindle. I doubt that many home-built machines can fully load the bigger spindle and the main reason for choosing the larger size is they usually take ER20 collets which allow up to 1/2" cutter shanks.
    I went for the 1.5kW one, since the group buy has the 1.5kW or 2.2kW. And I decided that the new spindle is going on the new machine, that is in the process of designing (about 1000x1500 in size). It is going to be a modified frame of an embroidery machine, and the stepper motors and their drivers will also come from the machine. Once I get some drawings together I will post it to get an opinion on the design.

Poslano z mojega ONE A2003 z uporabo Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zynch175; 05-02-2016 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post

I've got a 2.2kw WC spindle coming for a new build, what size cutter could these handle in aluminium??

I have read that torque drops badly at lower speeds but what is the usable range???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information