. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi Guys
    Need a decent light for my lathe, had modified a standard anglepoise to take GU10 LED bulb but the output is useless.
    Used to use the bulbs with built in reflector and these were fine but they are going to be phased out so need a long term fix, What i would like is one of these
    http://www.secserviceparts.co.uk/led...g.aspx?CatID=6
    But am baulking @ the GBP114 price tag.
    Any ideas.
    Regards
    Mike

We have some of them at work. The light output is ok but not really bright. The operators main complaint is that they are not as adjustable as they would like. They preferred the older type with the round shaft arms. Cant remember what they are called now but they did adjust better and had longer arms.

Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Guys
    Need a decent light for my lathe, had modified a standard anglepoise to take GU10 LED bulb but the output is useless.
    What power and colour temperature of GU10?
    I find the 5w Daylight White make great machine lights

- Nick

Web Goblin
    Thanks for that, are the ones @ work the 9.5W they say it's supposed to be equivalent to 90W and i used to use 60W in the anglepoise. Anyway glad for the feedback.
    magicniner
    Not sure to be honest but it is the cold light.
    I bought a load of Halogen Downlighters for the house that i won't be using so i might just put a transformer in line and use them till i run out of stock.
    Was even thinking of cycle lights as they are powerfull enough.
    Thanks for your comments.
    Mike

I've found that the LED lights which tend towards blue (cold) and yellow (warm) are fine for seeing where furniture is in the house but aren't good for reading or detail work, the daylight white are the only ones which give me a colour balance which works,
    Regards,
    Nick

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Mike I use one of these on my router and I am just ordering another two for the mill http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2Pcs-10W-C...item3cf618c431 12 - 32 V
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Thanks Clive, I had wondered what lights some cyclists were using - very blindingly bright and shining straight ahead rather than down towards the road in front. A couple of times I had thought that it was a motorcyclist who had forgotten to dip!!! They look great for a worklight, I shall buy a couple and may even look to see if practicle to use on my boat to help mooring. G.

Hi Clive
    Nice find many thanks, COB same as my task light and considerably cheaper, just shown them to a M8 and will get him a couple to try on his LE.
    Any ideas about a power supply ?
    Mike

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    Hi Clive
    Nice find many thanks, COB same as my task light and considerably cheaper, just shown them to a M8 and will get him a couple to try on his LE.
    Any ideas about a power supply ?
    Mike
    I run mine from the 24V in the control box. But a 24V PS from aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DR-45...e-bee6d63761d7 works well
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    ++1. I bought a pair of these on Clive's recommendation - they look good, they're easy to mount and very bright indeed..!

Wal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information