. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You are probably right to try to keep it simple! I started around 5 years ago and tried to use freeware CAM packages. They might well have improved in that time, but I did find them limited and problematic to use. I did some useful work with them, but was always fighting rather than working with them. I moved to Vectric VCarve and never looked back. It's not cheap, but Vectric have worked hard at making the interface and the options as easy to use as reasonably possible. A lot of people recommend Cambam, but I haven't used it myself. Good luck with Dolphin - again, not one that I have used. The trouble with CAM is that there are usually a lot of options and parameters to tweak, until you eventually figure out the ones that you can ignore and leave as default, while you just change the ones that matter. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    Fanuc and some of the more sophisticated controllers are more likely to use their own gcode extensions.
    Isn't Mach3 essentially a basic Fanuc controller?

http://www.machsupport.com/software/...st-processors/

Scroll down to find that Newfangled solutions recommend a basic Fanuc POST should work if you don't have a CAM specific post processor, this was the case when Art Fennerty still ran the show so it's not just smoke from the slackers who bought him out and broke the product ;-)
    I so bet Art is crying and laughing his socks off at the same time, the Chinese stand alone controllers are giving MACH4 What For and look like being a better bet! :D
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information