. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    The CSMIO is ~3 times more expensive than Pokeys, so really what we are talking about here?
    Personally I was talking about you Bad mouthing a Company and there product you have never used or dealt with. IMO that's wrong.

The rest is personal choice or budget driven. Pokeys is fine piece of kit which as you know I do use but it's not in the same league as Cslabs and if you'd used one you'd understand what I mean.!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Personally I was talking about you Bad mouthing a Company and there product you have never used or dealt with. IMO that's wrong.

The rest is personal choice or budget driven. Pokeys is fine piece of kit which as you know I do use but it's not in the same league as Cslabs and if you'd used one you'd understand what I mean.!
    I was at the point of buying the 6 axis controller last summer. I have checked a couple of times the price then and at the end i decided to swallow the pill. So i see price 640 or something then. I push the button and place the order, whaaaat, +23% +shipping =~800 euro

So thats why didnt like them at once. I started with them on the bad leg. I would have bought their servo drivers also. But i hate hidden costs and cheap price tricks.

Not that i am not saying that i will not buy or recommend their product. If Pokeys dont work right i will have to buy the CSMIO. Now that i see that the IP-S is cheaper, or again its some trick.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

What's the trick? Don't you pay tax or shipping in your country? there is a reason that they show the price with no tax added and this is because most of the customers who buy their products are businesses who either clam the tax back or dont pay the tax at all. as for the shipping, you give me one example where a shopping cart system knows your address to work out the shipping costs before you have registered?

The CSMIO pisses over any mach 3 motion controller on the market, the S and the A version are high end systems, so you should expect to pay high prices.

I was at the point of buying the 6 axis controller last summer. I have checked a couple of times the price then and at the end i decided to swallow the pill. So i see price 640 or something then. I push the button and place the order, whaaaat, +23% +shipping =~800 euro

So thats why didnt like them at once. I started with them on the bad leg. I would have bought their servo drivers also. But i hate hidden costs and cheap price tricks.

Not that i am not saying that i will not buy or recommend their product. If Pokeys dont work right i will have to buy the CSMIO. Now that i see that the IP-S is cheaper, or again its some trick.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dodgygeeza For This Useful Post:

The trick is that we a discussing here in a DIY thread in a forum. So final prices should be made absolutely clear when giving advices. And comparing things. And if you dont understand what i am saying let me say it again. I was misled at the time, due to people here saying prices without tax and comparing them to prices with tax.

And i am saying this not only for electronics. Same for steel versus aluminum / yeah,Dean, the gantry again/ . One thing is to buy from scrap yard or metal shop material for gantry, cut, weld ,use 1kg of epoxy or simply shim and paint with whatever paint you have. Another is to buy 6m aluminum profile where 1m costsas all of the before said together.

I am an absolute fan of perfection, so i could easily recommend all aluminum heavy duty plate machine, custom made and surfaced, servo motors, ATC spindle,, superior motion control, etc.

But when i say "servo" i say always what servo. Chinese for 400, second hand for 400 or new for 1600. Let be more clear, thats what i am saying.

i will stop hijacking the thread, so if sb wants to tell me something, to tell me in other thread or via PM
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

The trick is that we a discussing here in a DIY thread in a forum. So final prices should be made absolutely clear when giving advices. And comparing things. And if you dont understand what i am saying let me say it again. I was misled at the time, due to people here saying prices without tax and comparing them to prices with tax.
    Who told you a price on this forum.? If it was me then I will have quoted Zapp prices not Cslabs because I buy from UK importer not direct from Cslabs and I will have quoted Inc UK Vat.

Also your Steel/Scrap analogy is weak. The same could be said for Aluminium, most Scrap yards deal in aluminium as well.!!

End of the day it's down to each builder to decide which material suits him or her best. But you can't say things like Aluminium profile is weak and needs re-enforcing with steel to be used for gantry only 1500 wide and cutting mostly wood. That's just not true and it's misleading.

If you don't like me saying this then don't say with such authority stuff that isn't true or you don't have any experience working with.!! . . . . Boyan you should know by now I'll always comment on things like this no matter who says it and would expect the same from you or others if I said same or mislead anyone so please don't feel picked on. .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information