. .
    I have just bought a TEP CNC milling machine from a local school. Everything seems to work and have connected it to my PC, but it will not run the TEP software to run the application.

Looking at the CD rom it looks scratched and I think that the file is damaged. Do you know where I can get the software to run the CNC milling machine or if there is an alternative I can get from somewhere?

I know very little about this kind of thing and decided to get one to work on a art project i'm currently doing. I am cutting old 7" vinyl records into shapes. I originally did it by hand using a dremel, but this was a bit hit and miss and was taking a long time. I then had some cut for me by water jet cutting and then someone did some using a CNC machine. So I thought rather than get people to do it for me i'd do it myself. Hence buying an old one from a local school.

When the software is installed - how easy is it to get you shape cut? What format files does it recognise, illustrator, png, jpg, dxf?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Dan

If the CD is scratched you could take it to your local asda store, my local one has a CD polishing service. Costs about £3 and it bought a few xbox360 games back to life after some deep scratches.
    Cheers, Charlie

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 12 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolly1972 View Post
    I have just bought a TEP CNC milling machine from a local school. Everything seems to work and have connected it to my PC, but it will not run the TEP software to run the application.

Looking at the CD rom it looks scratched and I think that the file is damaged. Do you know where I can get the software to run the CNC milling machine or if there is an alternative I can get from somewhere?

I know very little about this kind of thing and decided to get one to work on a art project i'm currently doing. I am cutting old 7" vinyl records into shapes. I originally did it by hand using a dremel, but this was a bit hit and miss and was taking a long time. I then had some cut for me by water jet cutting and then someone did some using a CNC machine. So I thought rather than get people to do it for me i'd do it myself. Hence buying an old one from a local school.

When the software is installed - how easy is it to get you shape cut? What format files does it recognise, illustrator, png, jpg, dxf?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Dan
    Hi and welcome to the forum I think you are going to have a steep learning curve I doubt you will be able to get the software but if you are only going to do light stuff then the machine might be ok for your needs.

Linked here is (if it is the same as yours) a machine that has been converted http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=6947.0 If it is then you would certainly get all the help you need on this forum. Good luck with the project.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thread Information