. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I'm just at the the first turn on of the 1.5kW VFD and am unsure of what I need to set up before I click run for the first time.. The "instructions" that cam with the 6040 just say to turn on and ramp up up the knob (mine doesn't have a knob)..

There are some videos on youtube walking you through what to setup but with very little information about what they're actually doing. So I'm a little hesistant to walk into something blind.. Also I don't see my specific unit.. 1.5kW 220V spindle A131NBC-2015 (edit: name)
    Obviosuly there's certain settings like ramp up time etc. that I can tweak at a later date but for first turn on to test everything, is there something in particular I should be setting up before I click run? Wouldn't want to break something..

At the moment it is flashing 400.00

Thanks for any guidance!
    Last edited by d4cnc; 11-02-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Usually just to get working you only need to set or check a few parameters. Voltage, current, frequency etc.

What make of VFD is it.?

No manufacturer name.. just says: a131nbc-2015

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vfd.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	17576

Quote Originally Posted by d4cnc View Post

A picture of the vfd would paint a thousand words
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Show the front please.

Name:	vfd2.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	17577
    Another pic. I can open it up too if needed... I can't seem to find any info on this particular model.

Name:	vfd2.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	63.8 KB 
ID:	17577
    Another pic. I can open it up too if needed... I can't seem to find any info on this particular model.
    Ok well I've had one of these before and it's already setup ready to go. Thou it looks like Huanyang VFD it's actually a copy so don't use any of the Huanyang info you see.

Ok great. thanks for the info..

Success I think... I can change the Hz alue with the up and down arrows.. and when I click run all is well...

You don't happen to have any info/manual for this unit do you?

If I wanted to run it with a relay, is it a case of shorting FWD to GND? To stop it, opening that short?

To control the speed, with a pot or software, is it a case of feeding in 0-10V to the '10V IN' (referenced to the GND of course)
    For a pot, can I use the '10V out' for a voltage divider?

You don't happen to have any info/manual for this unit do you?
    No sorry it went with the machine when sold.

If I wanted to run it with a relay, is it a case of shorting FWD to GND? To stop it, opening that short?
    Yes exactly like that. Often your BOB will have relay output on it for this purpose.

To control the speed, with a pot or software, is it a case of feeding in 0-10V to the '10V IN' (referenced to the GND of course)
    For a pot, can I use the '10V out' for a voltage divider?
    Yes but don't use Gnd. The Analog Speed control is isolated from the inputs and Gnd is tied to these inputs.
    Use like this for POT.
    10V (OUT) to leg #1
    10V (IN) = leg #2
    0V = Leg #3 .

If using Speed Reference from external source ie: Via software control then just use 0V & 10V (IN)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 11-02-2016 at 07:48 PM.

By GND I mean the terminal block labelled GND.. (My picture was horrendous so no labels could be seen, apologies.. here's another) That is isolated from the mains earth yes..

Name:	vfd3.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	17578

Is that what you are saying too or are you saying not to use that GND?

I was going to use that GND as reference for both the speed control and the relay to turn the spindle off and on (run)..

Is there anything else that is useful to wire into these terminal blocks? Or just speed and run?

(Actually, just spotted it's a 12V OUT that's available.. will I need to put a dropping resistor in or is it ok with 12V?)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information