Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
Profile doesn't need reinforcing with steel at all Boyan. Provided it's sized correctly the it's perfectly strong enough for any wood router and it's much easier to work with than steel. It's also more accurate from the start and can be used without any other treatment which often isn't the case with steel.

Wood router doesn't need the Silly levels of strength your promoting with encouraging people to use steel. Infact it's wasteful and often negative to performance because the rest of the machine doesn't match.
Machine with heavy gantry needs more power than steppers can provide so everything goes to another level with servos etc and often people can't go to that level. Then the strength which isn't needed anyway just cripples performance.!

People need to start getting real and realise while it's Daft to build from weak inappropriate materials there becomes a point where over building is just has daft if the rest of the machine doesn't match.!
We all have right of opinion. I dont promote anything. My opinion is that when you spend 3000 on a machine is false economy to save 100 more on material which will raise your machine to whole new level. You call that overbuild, i call that "ability to make more juice from one orange"

But we are here not to argue or police each other. Right? The man has a question, trying to make a cheap machine and i am giving suggestions as to how to make it without loosing money in future.

So what aluminum profile exactly you suggest for 1300mm travel that will not bend and what is the price of the beam? How much the gantry +sides will cost ?