. .
    hi. I have a mf70 milling machine connected to a TB6560 control card and then to mach 3 software on a pc. I have set the port to port 1 and the correct address for this printer port. now I need help setting the pins. at the moment I have X,Y,Z,A all enabled. set step port to 1 on all 4 axis. and dir port also set to 1 on all four. I have set the step pins as follows.

X axis. step pin 1. dir pin 2

Y axis. step pin 3. dir pin 4

Z axis. step pin 5. dir pin 6

A axis. step pin 7. dir pin 8

I am not sure if I needed to enable the A axis at all.
    what I have going on with the above settings is that the mill runs only on the Z axis in the jogging mode and will only run in one direction until it gets to the end of the thread and then runs back again.
    any help would be good. what should be the correct settings. I have looked at all the videos but they just don't help out. michael

TB6560 is a driver chip, not a make or model, throw us a bone and include enough information to give a clue, the crystal ball's been on the blink since Tuesday ;-)
    Better still would be full product info with links to documentation including pin-outs etc. at the very least a good photo of both sides of the board might help people to help you,
    Regards,
    Nick

hi Nick, thanks for your reply. I don't have any paperwork. the system did work ok until I started to press too many buttons.
    here are pics of the board with the x,y,z axis marked . also some pics of the mach 3 program showing pins set up at the moment. at the time of the pictures the control was off.

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    what I have going on with the above settings is that the mill runs only on the Z axis in the jogging mode and will only run in one direction until it gets to the end of the thread and then runs back again.
    What do you mean by "to the end of thread".?

Looking at manual on net then your pins look correct and you should have movement. If it's only going in one direction then check your wire connections because this often indicates the Dir wire is lose or broke. Thou on these weak things it could mean you've fried something.!

Could try changing the Step Active state and see if that helps. Step Pulse could be on the wrong side and this would swap it.

Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    the system did work ok until I started to press too many buttons.
    That really pretty much eliminates Mach3 config problems and wiring faults, still worth checking supply voltage static and under load plus all your connections, for good measure have a really close look at both sides of the board for blown tracks or signs of the escape of any "Magic Smoke".
    Regards,
    Nick
    Last edited by magicniner; 19-02-2016 at 08:13 PM.

Thread Information