. .
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Ok I presumed friendship ;)
    Know what they say about Assuming.??? . . . .Thou ya got it right this time..

Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Certainly tough-nut though ;)
    Should Expect nothing less from Yorkshire Lass.!. .

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Know what they say about Assuming.??? . . . .Thou ya got it right this time..

Should Expect nothing less from Yorkshire Lass.!. .
    I hear the tea is pretty good stuff too ;)

One almost oversight i spotted tonight - the holes on the ballscrew nut flanges, i presume these are for grease nipples?

To get to my Z axis ones will mean taking the bed off - no big deal there but the z axis one is buried.

The question - how often do screws need greasing?

Got the Y axis screws synchronised and belt fitted tonight, fine-tuned the ballscrew nut brackets and the bottom end is just about done, threw the bed and over-bed on for a photo...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1255.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	17900

The 15mm alu over-bed will drilled/tapped for mounting studs etc, it's a little shorter than i would like and cost me about 50mm of Y travel but it will do ok for a while.

Just waiting for some alu bar to arrive for the X axis motor mount and we will be wiring up for motion testing :)

I think for the size, it will perform very well!

As they say, confidence is high :)

It does feel good, nice and rigid, plenty of z height range, easy-change alu bed or mdf spoil-board, if it performs as well as i think it will, I will be a happy chappy.

I need to figure out some chip/splash skirt for the bed but that will come together soon hopefully.

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,914. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 776 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Looks solid Dave, good luck on the big day

.Me
    .Me

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Got the X axis motor mounted and belted up tonight, all ready for temporary wiring and motion tests this weekend :)

Looking good Dave.

Something to think about is whether you want to be able to quickly see the X axis belt to check the tension and general health over the months and years ahead.

Can the machine be tipped up on its side to look underneath? Or maybe a small window cut into the end plate with a perspex cover. Not critical, just a thought.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

With an assistant, it can be up-ended onto the back plate, the bed will also be pretty easy to remove - just few allen screws and it will slide back or right off if wanted, this would be the preferred method of access to the screws and belt inside.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information