. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    She then made a complaint with the personal manager (Mum).

Looks like i'v now got a meeting to goto !
    Oh that brings back memories... kids with paint brushes... she's cute, fortunately my lot are all grown up now (but they still get into scrapes)...

Well she is 1 of 4 and i keep being told that i am good at making things; kids included so it seems. 10 minutes after taking the photos it rained and has not stopped, so no more work on the project till the weekend now :cry:
    Still trying to work out the specifics for attaching the nuts to the zoidial whilst incorporating backlash dampening. The idea i have at the moment is to use the old faithful chopping board melted into a mold around the screw but attached to the nut.

Tip here - cut it up into chips, use a metal mold and heat that with a paint stripping gun and not the plastic, it melts wonderfully

She cant do anything wrong in my Eye's, tonight she pulled up a chair next to me and watched me Nipping a flat on a ballnut with a bench grinder:

"Look daddy, fire!"

"Yes baby, now put these glass's on so you dont hurt your eyes." i cant wait to what she starts designing/making.
    .Me

Careful what you show them. My eldest when she was 3 thought that putting a screwdriver into a socket was helping me fix the blown bulb. She went and got the screwdriver on her own, god knows where from??????? all i can say thank heavens for insulated drivers

Well i made back out into the garage this weekend and was very please with the work. Got some paint on, x axis done, y axis done and i started the z.. Will probably do some more during the week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01142.JPG 
Views:	441 
Size:	431.8 KB 
ID:	587   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01143.JPG 
Views:	614 
Size:	426.7 KB 
ID:	588   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01144.JPG 
Views:	385 
Size:	344.9 KB 
ID:	589   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01145.JPG 
Views:	390 
Size:	349.8 KB 
ID:	590   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01146.JPG 
Views:	375 
Size:	345.4 KB 
ID:	591   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01147.JPG 
Views:	426 
Size:	400.0 KB 
ID:	592  

I nearly painted it British racing green only because i has some paint in the garage but decided to splash out. Shame its all scratched to buggery already.

Right i am really hacked off...:evil: only had a bit of time today to get on with build. The Z axis is causing me the most grief. Tried a couple of different things this week with the plan on completing it today. All i have done is gone back to square 1. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! does everybody get to this point in the same mood???? I suppose this is what happens when you don't do it from a plan:nope:

I'm sure we have at some point, if you would like to elaborate some more im sure we can help :)
    .Me

Hi Lee.....Not so much as a problem just lack of material and not to mention this would be an ideal time to have another cnc machine to cut you parts if you know what i mean
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

oo late for some pics tonight.....I was aiming for the slide to be no wider than 110mm, i have 16mm rail on the same type bearings i used for the rest. the main problem is using 4mm ali sheet (bad idea). These imported bearings are spot on except the mounting holes. I was also trying to use the same type of rail supports i used for the Y. im thinking now finish it of in MDF and make the parts afterwards when i can get me hands on some more material. Does that sound more sensible???
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information