. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I think all the inputs are 5V. How would I wire the resistor (I mean, I know it's a simple wiring diagram), but how do you actually wire it. Is there any kind of "terminal resistor" ?

Quote Originally Posted by eurikain View Post
    I think all the inputs are 5V. How would I wire the resistor (I mean, I know it's a simple wiring diagram), but how do you actually wire it. Is there any kind of "terminal resistor" ?
    I saw only once a special resistor socket to be inserted in terminal block. And there are terminal blocks with resistors, diodes, electronics fitted inside.

The simple way is to solder the resistor to the wire end. The third method is not recommended unless you solder the input wires together.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No Don't use any relay for Home switches just connect direct to the Input pin or pins. The Relay cause a delay and makes homing unrelaible.

You can share one Input for all Home switches provided you use the correct switch type and connection.

If your wanting to share the Switch for both Home and Limits then you can't using the Relay approach for the above reason.
    How about using solid state relay? It doesnt have moving parts so no delay or it is very very tiny?

Išsiųsta naudojantis SM-G900F Tapatalk 4 Lt

Quote Originally Posted by valdis034 View Post
    How about using solid state relay? It doesnt have moving parts so no delay or it is very very tiny?

Better but still not recommended or required. STR's also tend to fail in the on state which isn't good either.

So the best option is to use resistor and take 24v straight to bob?

Quote Originally Posted by paulus.v View Post
    Your inputs have common ground. You can use only PNP sensors. You may use 24V if you wire the input through a resistor of a calculated value. There is no info of the inputs voltage in the manual, but you could find out by reading the resistor values and/or optocoupler model.
    The LJ12A3-4-Z/BX sensors I use with this board are NPN - the output of the sensor goes to GND when triggered - which is what you want. The board has pull-up resistors so that the untriggered state is strapped to 5v. You don't need resistors as the 24v power to the sensor is limited in current to 2.4mA and in voltage by an internal zener diode in the switching circuit.

These sensors have been designed to make connection simple and to have wide application, why do people then have to make things complicated. If you complicate you introduce the possibility of design faults and unreliability.

I lose the will to live every time someone mentions a relay in a homes circuit.

For Pete's sake, there is plenty of info and advice on t'Interweb. Do a bit of searching online before you regurgitate the same old questions.

Happy bloody christmas !!!!

Rob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information