. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    No they are proper DC servo motor and light years better than stepper system. Plus the question was if money wasn't a concern.
    You can't possibly compare them to cheap chinese servos because the quality of these would be like comparing to high end Yaskawa or Mitsubishi. It Would be like comparing Apples with oranges.!!
    Still not sure about that. Just look at torque curve and encoder count so you would see thats the case. Bellow compared the strongest nema 23 from both series. All same as Lead shine, which also make integrated motors

I was speaking about their so called "Stepper Killer" :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stepper killer.PNG 
Views:	202 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	17706

it seems the true servo is their so called " High Power"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stepper killer 2.PNG 
Views:	196 
Size:	297.3 KB 
ID:	17707

But coming back into our world in budget terms then please do because at £175 for set of 400w motor/drive and I presume cables then thats good price.
    Shenzhen Just Motion Control Electromechanics Co.,Ltd. , Just PM you the details

As it was a private email and a couple of months ago, if sb needs i will send him the details, or why dont just contact them for your need directly, but their closed loop stepper is cheaper than Leadshine, so is the servo drive.

Its worth noting that it took me 10 emails so they understand and agree with me that the closed loop 3nm motor need to be coupled with the bigger than suggested driver, so it could be driven at 70V. So make sure thats the case when you order. You will want 3nm nema 23/ they call it nema24/ coupled with the bigger driver.
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 24-02-2016 at 12:20 PM.
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    Still not sure about that. Just look at torque curve and encoder count so you would see thats the case. Bellow compared the strongest nema 23 from both series. All same as Lead shine, which also make integrated motors
    Def are not Steppers. They are DC servo motors just of lower rating to the higher power version.
    check this out which is I believe the exact motor you have been looking at. Listen then tell me if thats a Stepper.. or not.!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

so leadshine are dc stepper motors with an encoder - with matching leadshine driver

clearpath are proper servo motors - with matching clearpath driver

the clearpath do look really good.

as with all of us I would love the best quality, has or datron quality. which comes at a price

although some very helpful info has been posted im no closer to knowing what I want LOL

Def are not Steppers. They are DC servo motors just of lower rating to the higher power version.
    check this out which is I believe the exact motor you have been looking at. Listen then tell me if thats a Stepper.. or not.!!
    You are absolutely right. I was wrong. This could not be stepper motor. They move absolutely nicely for sure. Its like music to my ears
    Last edited by Boyan Silyavski; 24-02-2016 at 01:57 PM.

does anyone have a price for the clearpath motors and drivers?

its on their web, just register, prices are there

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

id be interested to hear from someone with a leadshine setup to get their on them

just trying to understand the clearpath stuff, so you don't need a separate driver?

you plug power and control signal directly into the motor?

https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-SDSK-3411P-RLN/

Quote Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
    just trying to understand the clearpath stuff, so you don't need a separate driver?

you plug power and control signal directly into the motor?

https://www.teknic.com/model-info/CPM-SDSK-3411P-RLN/
    You plug 2 cables, one for motion control signals, other for power. Thats it. The driver is integrated in the motor. Plus eventually USb cable so you could program the drive.

Its there on the picture at the link. You dont need separate servo drive. All you need is breakout board/motion control/ capable to output the signal to them. Look at the pdf and see what signal it accepts. Then you will know what board you need. Look manual at page 84 for step dir info

I have Nema 34 leadshines close loop steppers on my machine. Thought they would give me the benefit of positional feadback and torque but realistically I could have gone with normal steppers. If I were to do it again, I would go with servos with brakes. I am considering doing that change some time in the future but the machine works so leaving well enough alone for the time being.
    https://emvioeng.com
    Machine tools and 3D printing supplies. Expanding constantly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information