Jack,

My machine has a TNC355, I've previously had one with a TNC151b but never a TNC145. I think the transfer blockwise however works the same.

I had the same issue with distance between machine and computer - commercial wireless duplex RS232 units are a silly price and I eliminated them on cost. I did experiment with Bluetooth devices, but it just wasn't reliable enough - there are enough issues feeding the controller without having to worry about the integrity of the data ! So I made up a long lead - it's not difficult.

You'll find a discussion on the issue from a few years ago here :

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bridge...923-posts.html

There are a few things you must get lined up:

a/ run TNC Server on the PC set in the correct mode and looking at the directory containing your program (TNCServer is part of TNCREMO)

b/ The program must have an 'I' extension for iso g code or 'H' extension for conversational, and must be 'named' by number 1.H 2.H 3.H etc. The program number has to be embedded into the first and last lines of the code as per the manual.

c/ Cable wiring needs to be correct - see that link - standard cables rarely work, they need customising.

d/ The TNC needs setting up for correct baud rate etc

Have fun and report back :)