. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I’ll do what I can to help, though I’ll have to do a bit of revision as I don’t remember a lot of it.

The one component that I added to ensure separate grounds was a small reed relay: using lpt2 pin 14 for a voltage supply and grounding it using pin 1 let the relay output switch the vfd on & off. Pin 18 sends the variable voltage to the vfd for the variable speed.

How far have you got yourself?

Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by artmin View Post
    I’ll do what I can to help, though I’ll have to do a bit of revision as I don’t remember a lot of it.

The one component that I added to ensure separate grounds was a small reed relay: using lpt2 pin 14 for a voltage supply and grounding it using pin 1 let the relay output switch the vfd on & off. Pin 18 sends the variable voltage to the vfd for the variable speed.

How far have you got yourself?

Gavin
    Well, not far, since i haven't bought the spindle or VFD yet. I first need to know how easy is to install it, and if it works. From what i've seen it works, but all i need to do is create a decent cable to control the spindle speed and the on/off with the LP2 output?

It was an easy enough install but you will need to make mounts for the new spindle to attach to the HEIZ. This is my effort:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180726_191014-768x1024[1].jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	24595

It's the 1.5Kw water cooled spindle that I bought with the body dia. of 65mm. I used a standard LPT cable for LPT2 and built a separate control panel.

Name:	IMG_20180726_190936-1040x780[1].jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	24596

I bought a long ribbon cable extension for the VFD control panel and I have a manual potentiometer that I can switch to if I want to overide the commands from WinPCNC. Also included is a temperature controller which controls 4 PC fans that are mounted on a van heater matrix and the water flow is supplied by a fish tank pump. That's the LPT2 cable that you can see and then the internal electronics are tapped from that.

I'm looking for something simple. I might connect the water pump to the second AC socket in the Zero3 controller (used for the vacuum, but not enough power for mine) and just had the LPT2 cable and connect to the VFD. The VFD will be close to the zero controller so i can control manually if needed. Should i be concern with the noise created by the VFD near the Zero3?

Quote Originally Posted by artmin View Post
    It was an easy enough install but you will need to make mounts for the new spindle to attach to the HEIZ. This is my effort:

Name:	IMG_20180726_191014-768x1024[1].jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	24595

It's the 1.5Kw water cooled spindle that I bought with the body dia. of 65mm. I used a standard LPT cable for LPT2 and built a separate control panel.

Name:	IMG_20180726_190936-1040x780[1].jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	24596

I bought a long ribbon cable extension for the VFD control panel and I have a manual potentiometer that I can switch to if I want to overide the commands from WinPCNC. Also included is a temperature controller which controls 4 PC fans that are mounted on a van heater matrix and the water flow is supplied by a fish tank pump. That's the LPT2 cable that you can see and then the internal electronics are tapped from that.
    Well i've noticed that my Zero3 controller has an extra output, under LPT2, they don't have any documentation about it. Is it an output for the VFD?

Name:	P_20180730_170630.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	123.5 KB 
ID:	24606
    Last edited by Pontomira; 02-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.

Hello all,
    I'm in the same situation. I've ordered a Chinese HQD 2.2kw spindle with sunfar vfd.

I don't understand the logic in zero3 controller. I use cncpod2 and kinetic NC together with zero3 controller.

This is the schematics for the VFD.

Should I connect pin 18 of 0-10V port to AI and GND to any of the pins 19-25 for speed control?

To turn on the spindle do I need a relay? I guess I can't use the open collector output because it shares the same ground in zero3 but not on the VFD?
    How should I accomplish this? Use relay connected to any free ports? Which coil voltage should I use then?

Sorry about all the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Br

Anders

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

Hi Anders

I am hoping that you have managed to do this as I am going to be doing the same. I think I have it in my head after reading through this thread but it would be good to get another, more recent confirmation.

Cheers

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information