. .
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by mekanik View Post
    The ribs won't add any strength without rebar. the mix for small cross sectional beams/lintles ect is 3parts aggregate(10mm) 2 parts sharp sand 1 poart cement. but you still need the rebar.
    i feel really bad about this as i should have mentioned it earlier.
    But you seem to have gone into it in detail as you have with the rest of the build.
    Mike
    No problem. Lets see how it holds out.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenza View Post
    http://www.moertelshop.com/PCE-Flies...uenstig-kaufen
    Polycarboxylate is the normal liquid superplasticizer. The shop I just linked seem to be pretty good and reasonably priced.

I'm going to try them out for some of my own experimentation.

Cheers,

Fenza
    Looks similar to what I am using but mine is a bit lighter. Same idea however.

Chaz is the colour from the super plasticer or have you added pigments.? Also expected that you would have added fibres.?

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Chaz is the colour from the super plasticer or have you added pigments.? Also expected that you would have added fibres.?
    Jazz, the cement is white. Snowcrete (basically). The stone is black and the sand then, well brown. The plastisizer is a light colour .... I suspect most of the colour is the mix of sand and cement.

I did not add fibres. It was discussed (with the guy providing me bits) and in his past experience it was pain to do and he did not feel worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Jazz, the cement is white. Snowcrete (basically). The stone is black and the sand then, well brown. The plastisizer is a light colour .... I suspect most of the colour is the mix of sand and cement.
    Erm not sure I've mixed plenty of plain concrete and it doesn't go that colour. Think something is having an affect.? maybe because less water.?

I did not add fibres. It was discussed (with the guy providing me bits) and in his past experience it was pain to do and he did not feel worth it.
    Erm that surprises me because most of the polymer concrete bases I've seen have used fibres of some kind to bind together.?

Erm not sure I've mixed plenty of plain concrete and it doesn't go that colour. Think something is having an affect.? maybe because less water.?

Erm that surprises me because most of the polymer concrete bases I've seen have used fibres of some kind to bind together.?
    What cement did you use? Normal grey stuff?

What cement did you use? Normal grey stuff?
    Ye just normal portland cement and to be honest looking again I think this cheap monitor I'm using is probably some of the reason it looks funny.!!!

Ye just normal portland cement and to be honest looking again I think this cheap monitor I'm using is probably some of the reason it looks funny.!!!
    Lol. Ye, the 52.5R stuff is whiter than the white we are typing on here ....

Stolen from someone's website. These are walls made from the same stuff. Colour is similar.

Lol. Ye, the 52.5R stuff is whiter than the white we are typing on here ....
    Probably why it's called SNOW Crete then. . Lol

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread Information