. .
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I believe this should work. Sika are well regarded as far as I understand.

http://www.uksealants.co.uk/sika-anchorfix-1--p84.html

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Chaz I have used both of those in the past with great success. You will need to prepare all the hole first and blow any dust out. The nozzles on the tube are a duel flow type and in my experience cannot be used more than once so try and do the job at one sitting.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chaz I have used both of those in the past with great success. You will need to prepare all the hole first and blow any dust out. The nozzles on the tube are a duel flow type and in my experience cannot be used more than once so try and do the job at one sitting.
    Thanks. If they are both good should I just buy the cheaper option?

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 20 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks. If they are both good should I just buy the cheaper option?
    Chaz I am afraid that the choice has to be yours alone. Are you using it to hold threading rod in a hole or bolt anchors?
    ..Clive

Chaz I am afraid that the choice has to be yours alone. Are you using it to hold threading rod in a hole or bolt anchors?
    I have 2 requirements. The first is to hold M12 nuts in place that allow me to tighten the bolts holding the rails in place.

Secondary is similar where ill either sink nuts for holding and mount hardware the same way (motor mounts etc) or where Ill epoxy thread bar in place. My preference is to sink the nuts so I can use bolts from the top.

Did you use the Red or Green Anchorset Clive?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    I have 2 requirements. The first is to hold M12 nuts in place that allow me to tighten the bolts holding the rails in place.

Secondary is similar where ill either sink nuts for holding and mount hardware the same way (motor mounts etc) or where Ill epoxy thread bar in place. My preference is to sink the nuts so I can use bolts from the top.
    I don't think you will have enough purchase with the nuts as they might pull out, also think about getting epoxy in the threads and the bolt will have to go right through the nut into some pocket or other. If you look at the chart on the http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANCHORSET-...c=1&rmvSB=true

it shows how deep the hole should be for a 10mm rod

Re the colour I have to pass but you could phone Sika up and ask their techy guys.
    ..Clive

I don't think you will have enough purchase with the nuts as they might pull out, also think about getting epoxy in the threads and the bolt will have to go right through the nut into some pocket or other. If you look at the chart on the http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANCHORSET-...c=1&rmvSB=true

it shows how deep the hole should be for a 10mm rod

Re the colour I have to pass but you could phone Sika up and ask their techy guys.
    Thanks. For my current epoxy I was drilling a 30mm hole which is a pain in the ass but allows full cover to the top and sides of the M12 nut.

IVe ordered one of each, will try them and see.

Main gantry poured, will post pics later.

Used a bit less plastisizer this time. 950ml per 25kg of cement. I tried with the minimim recommended amount of 500ml but not enough water so the mix was really tight.

Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread Information