. .
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    I am here watching also, not much to comment because of lack of experience and also because I am speechless.

i'm watching this thread with great interest.
    Please continue to post as much as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickhofen View Post
    I am here watching also, not much to comment because of lack of experience and also because I am speechless.
    Ditto to that comment! Following your thread with interest, thanks Chaz, please keep the posts coming.

Whilst some of the detail is sometimes beyond me (on all threads), the photographs make sense to me.
    Last edited by AndyGuid; 25-05-2017 at 10:15 AM.

I'm also watching - only problem is its giving me ideas :-)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Washout For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ok, thought people had lost interest in the crap I was trying to do.

So, status update.

Z Axis plates arrived today, Ill try and machine them on the weekend. I need to mount the X rails, having some issues to solve around how to epoxy / glue the nuts in. Tried rawl bolts, been advised against them and they create spacing problems which I need to solve.

I dont have all the bits needed to complete and I still need to sort out limit / home switches etc but I'm feeling confident that I am not too far out now. The last phase has started to pick up momentum. That said, fair bit to do still, so lets see.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

You sir are completely and utterly bonkers ;)

But a good kind of bonkers lol fascinating project looking forward to seeing her cutting.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertboy View Post
    You sir are completely and utterly bonkers ;)

But a good kind of bonkers lol fascinating project looking forward to seeing her cutting.
    Lol. Thanks.

I have good advice that I can supply once I am done. The one liner is, if you are thinking of making something like this, dont. If you are still thinking of it, dont, and still, dont.

That said, it can be done and there are many things I would do differently, not in terms of design etc, but the way that I work and what tools / stuff you need to make this happen.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    if you are thinking of making something like this, dont.
    This is on such an epic scale it almost ranks with Noah's Ark.

I think it has to be finished, there has to be a conclusion, at least a video of it cutting. Something a futuristic Time Team can search the archive for when they recover this behemoth intact from the apocalyptic, London ruins

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post

I think it has to be finished, there has to be a conclusion, at least a video of it cutting. Something a futuristic Time Team can search the archive for when they recover this behemoth intact from the apocalyptic, London ruins
    I want to see his concrete car ;) Still handles better than a yank lol.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post

Ye, ignoring the cash spent, also keen to just see if it works.

Managed to get some of the Z axis completed today but I need a large mill to square everything and get this completed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1829.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	301.8 KB 
ID:	21784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1830.jpg 
Views:	317 
Size:	233.5 KB 
ID:	21785

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread Information