Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
  1. #321
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    SY in the 4 core / 6 core / 0.75 mm CSA and 1.0. mm CSA sizes works fine for me in energy chain on my CNC Plasma

    Here it is being installed:


    Attachment 21875

    Attachment 21876

    Attachment 21877
    That's a lovely machine I'm interested in why the z ballscrew/lead screw is so big?

    This is what I know as SY cable Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1000.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	21878 metal braided armoured cable it really doesn't bend much.

    This is not what's in your energy chain is it?
    Last edited by Desertboy; 12-06-2017 at 07:30 PM.

  2. #322
    No idea !

    I bought this machine as a barely working home made table, wiring was atrocious, much of the mechanics were ropey, but it worked. (I needed to cut some bits for a 6 foot flail mower I was repairing), but I bought it in the knowledge that I'd eventually have to re-build it.

    So as not to hi-jack Chaz's thread there is a re-build thread here:

    http://madmodder.net/index.php/topic,11797.0.html
    Last edited by AndrewMawson; 12-06-2017 at 07:45 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewMawson For This Useful Post:


  4. #323
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thor's Z Axis is alive. Short vid of it running on my very wonky table at 5000mm/min - 25mm cycles via the PID tuner. No tuning has taken place yet, Ill do this once mounted and limit switches have been installed.

    Looking good, try tuning manually - adjust the I & D values, there are documents online about doing this but its also in the CS-LABS booklet. The delay between reverse is a homing error - its not settling at at the zero point fast enough you should see the numbers very slowly retuning to zero and then the green LED comes on in the tuning page. Tweak the values and you should see following error drop and the cycle time rise - in the end it will be going bang-bang-bang one way then instantly the other. You need fast homing (return to zero) and not a slow creep.

    The auto-tune is pretty pants really, always tune with the final load, rough tuning is fine for tests but when finished and assembled tune again with all load attached.
    Last edited by Davek0974; 12-06-2017 at 08:01 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Davek0974 For This Useful Post:


  6. #324
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Looking good, try tuning manually - adjust the I & D values, there are documents online about doing this but its also in the CS-LABS booklet. The delay between reverse is a homing error - its not settling at at the zero point fast enough you should see the numbers very slowly retuning to zero and then the green LED comes on in the tuning page. Tweak the values and you should see following error drop and the cycle time rise - in the end it will be going bang-bang-bang one way then instantly the other. You need fast homing (return to zero) and not a slow creep.

    The auto-tune is pretty pants really, always tune with the final load, rough tuning is fine for tests but when finished and assembled tune again with all load attached.
    Thanks. Ye, its dwelling too long before it finds 0 / Green LED. Playing with the values will improved that. Ill sort that out once its mounted properly and I have limit switches to stop a run away / something going wrong.

    The Panasonic drives also offer a lot of tuning. I am not sure how the CS Labs and Panasonic tuning will go exist. Ill likely set the drive to be on a mild auto tune and then use the CS Labs for the overall tuning.

    Very curious too to understand how the setup can deal with inertia / whiplash. I refer to demos where they move something that has a ball on a stick and tune the drive that basically shows no 'pendulum' effect when the device stops and starts in different directions.
    Last edited by Chaz; 13-06-2017 at 07:52 AM.

  7. #325
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Cable ordered.

    Any ideas for bellows / metal guards for protecting the main table itself?

    Was thinking of making some custom stainless plate ones. I know someone that has sheet bending stuff that was kind enough to offer me access if need (many thanks), is there value in DIY for this or look at something else?

    An example of something that can be bought - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...920640239.html - not cheap but it may take me a lot longer to make something like that than is needed.

    Thoughts?

  8. #326
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    The Panasonic drives also offer a lot of tuning. I am not sure how the CS Labs and Panasonic tuning will go exist. Ill likely set the drive to be on a mild auto tune and then use the CS Labs for the overall tuning.
    I was told you should tune the drives and motors first then tune the controller and drives.

    Always tune with average working load on the table and a tool in the head.

    My drives were from China and the manual is terrible so i have not been able to tune them yet - i just relied on some serious controller tuning and it seems ok so far

  9. #327
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    I was told you should tune the drives and motors first then tune the controller and drives.

    Always tune with average working load on the table and a tool in the head.

    My drives were from China and the manual is terrible so i have not been able to tune them yet - i just relied on some serious controller tuning and it seems ok so far
    Ye, also heard this. The CS Labs manual states the same. My Kinco drives are like that, dont know if they are tuned or not. The Panasonics offer an ongoing autotune feature which Ill try but also concerned that it might mess things around.

  10. Chaz,
    For the kinco drivers you have you should tune the velocity loop with the autotuning with the load applied. (connected to the ballscrew and table mass) and once done, you can then do the tuning with the cslabs controller. the tuning fails, reset the driver to defaults, set the driver up again and tune again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ye, also heard this. The CS Labs manual states the same. My Kinco drives are like that, dont know if they are tuned or not. The Panasonics offer an ongoing autotune feature which Ill try but also concerned that it might mess things around.

  11. #329
    Chaz's Avatar
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 963. Received thanks 67 times, giving thanks to others 42 times.
    Gary, thanks as always. I've not been able to get the serial comms working and even though I've tuned the drives manually, I am uncertain if the value it pops out after auto tuning is actually used.

    I had also tuned them with no load which is incorrect but I'll realpolitik at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    Chaz,
    For the kinco drivers you have you should tune the velocity loop with the autotuning with the load applied. (connected to the ballscrew and table mass) and once done, you can then do the tuning with the cslabs controller. the tuning fails, reset the driver to defaults, set the driver up again and tune again.

  12. you just need to have an RS232 connection to use the servo software, without Rs232, you will need to get a USB to RS232 adaptor.
    I have never used the interface on the driver to do any tuning, because it is so much easier using the software.
    Tuning with no load is not right and may cause the controller tuning to fail, or make the axis very spongy, so make sure you have the mass of the table there while tuning.
    Also make sure you save it after, or you will delete the tuning, once you cycle the power.

Page 33 of 45 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •