. .
Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    Congratulations! Its so rewarding to see the result ++++++++++++
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Boyan Silyavski For This Useful Post:

Noice!

You must be chuffed - looks like it'll be a monster.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeeflyboy For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewMawson View Post
    Excellent - congratulations !

BTW do you still want those Compac PC's ?
    How big are they? Trying to work out if they will fit in my bikes top box, thanks

If your top box is built like Thor then possibly !!

They are 340 mm x 380 mm x 100 mm and I think that there are six of seven of them

If your top box is built like Thor then possibly !!

They are 340 mm x 380 mm x 100 mm and I think that there are six of seven of them
    What cast of concrete ha ha ha, makes it slightly top heavy ;)

Congrats on getting her cutting, lovely job Chaz.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I need some thoughts advice please.

Material / structure to wrap around Thor to stop chips flying everywhere. Stainless plate, perspex, wood? Trying to keep it fairly cheap but still practical.

Table, Ive got the upside down surface plate on it that I have mounted some ply on. I can keep using the surface plate, its high but not too bad. It only has 3 mounting points however. I could machine the top down a bit however not that keen to do that.

Alternately I could remove the lot and install either tooling plate or something like this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aluminium-...0AAOSwfcVUJXD5 - not cheap but looks good. The problem is mounting it, I need M12 capscrews (or bolts) for the carts and M18 for the ballnut holder. Both which will stop certain T slots from being available. The M18 bolts have a head thickness of 10mm, the plate is 20mm, so I should be able to machine a recess / hole setup for these but will loose the ability to use all the T Slots.

Thoughts please?

Poly-carbonate sheet is used in professional machines for chip control and operator safety. Used in Police riot shields. Don't use acrylic as it shatters. Even poly-carbonate will stress rack eventually if you make the fixings too tight - I need to replace the screens in my Beaver Partsmaster again having done it about four years ago - bolt holes should have had appreciable clearance for expansion and contraction, but I made them bang on :(

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AndrewMawson For This Useful Post:

Poly-carbonate sheet is used in professional machines for chip control and operator safety. Used in Police riot shields. Don't use acrylic as it shatters. Even poly-carbonate will stress rack eventually if you make the fixings too tight - I need to replace the screens in my Beaver Partsmaster again having done it about four years ago - bolt holes should have had appreciable clearance for expansion and contraction, but I made them bang on :(
    Thanks, suggested minimum thickness?

Just saw a good vid where the guy was using small alu extrusion (looked like 20 x 20) for the frame, might try that.

Something like this might be good -

I used 5 mm on both my Fanuc Tapecut Model L wire eroder and my Beaver Partsmaster CNC Mill

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread Information