. .
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
    Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Thanks. I did think of that - I tried to blow into it but a bit limited in terms of space. The black grommit things were removed, wasnt sure if there could be anything else blocking.
    If you put a temp. tank above the spindle with one pipe to the spindle and the other pipe lower down into a bucket and siphon the water it should run freely. I take it is one of the normal Chinese spindles
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    If you put a temp. tank above the spindle with one pipe to the spindle and the other pipe lower down into a bucket and siphon the water it should run freely. I take it is one of the normal Chinese spindles
    Yep, 4KW unit.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 10 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Yep, 4KW unit.
    Chaz I have not seen one of those so can't comment but the water should still flow through and I would expect you to have a bigger tank
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Chaz I have not seen one of those so can't comment but the water should still flow through and I would expect you to have a bigger tank
    At the moment im just using a plastic bucket filled with water (probably 5-6 litres) at ground level. I raised it manually by hand to lower the head distance however it made no real difference. I suspect something must be blocked but the limited flow wasnt exactly inspiring either, so I need to improve that. Without the the thin tubing, the pump pushes out a fair amount of water.

Water now flowing, was completely blocked. Had to take top off and eventually got some crud out with air gun.

Water now flowing, was completely blocked. Had to take top off and eventually got some crud out with air gun.
    I have read of many people hack their spindle, breaking gaskets blowing with air gun. Dont do that! Or do it with care as a final remedy. The good thing is that you have opened it. I did once that on a 0.8kw spindle and had to open it later...
    project 1 , 2, Dust Shoe ...

Quote Originally Posted by Boyan Silyavski View Post
    I have read of many people hack their spindle, breaking gaskets blowing with air gun. Dont do that! Or do it with care as a final remedy. The good thing is that you have opened it. I did once that on a 0.8kw spindle and had to open it later...
    Too late. There was some crap and smelt like rusty water. I dont think it was water from me, perhaps when it was tested, not sure.

Too late. There was some crap and smelt like rusty water. I dont think it was water from me, perhaps when it was tested, not sure.
    My 1.5kW spindle blocks every few months or so. I have to drain it and gently use an airline at work (hands loosely cupped around inlet so the pressure is low) to clear any deposits. I think the channels inside are pretty small as it has always had a level of resistance when you blow into it with your mouth so it does not take much to block it

I use water designed for PC cooling circuits to reduce corrosion but it does still block eventually

I'm thinking of different ways of doing the WC on the new machine under construction. Maybe a filter and maybe pumps / valves arranged so the water is emptied back into the reservoir at the end of a session leaving the spindle dry. Someone will probably tell me that it will be worse if it dries out . . .
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by routercnc View Post
    I'm thinking of different ways of doing the WC on the new machine under construction. Maybe a filter and maybe pumps / valves arranged so the water is emptied back into the reservoir at the end of a session leaving the spindle dry. Someone will probably tell me that it will be worse if it dries out . . .
    It will be until it completely dries out.
    Far simpler option is to put some anti-freeze (or summer coolant) in, as it has corrosion inhibitors in, and will improve the cooling performance over plain water.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to m_c For This Useful Post:

I was originally thinking of using distilled water (Or RO water) but water is actually very corrosive if it's pure water (Has a low EC or TDS reading) which I forgot until I read your post. Antifreeze has got to be the best choice but added to distilled water (Or RO).

Good thing about using distilled water is you should get no scale.
    Last edited by Desertboy; 08-07-2017 at 06:37 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread Information