. .
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Ill take that as a no then ;p

In terms of Acceleration, how much would be considered good or 'too much'?

Acceleration needs to be as high as it can take. Acceleration is more important than speed.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,601. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davek0974 View Post
    Acceleration needs to be as high as it can take. Acceleration is more important than speed.
    Thanks. I had it set to 1500, then down to 750 which is too slow. The machine seems OK with it being 2000 which Ill try for a while and see.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ill take that as a no then ;p
    It is doable, however, the big question I'd ask is, how much effort is it going to be to swap between lathe and router?
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    It is doable, however, the big question I'd ask is, how much effort is it going to be to swap between lathe and router?
    Understood. If the lathe tools / turrets are mounted to the right of the spindle, it could be as easy as just starting the correct Mach 3 profile, no other work needed.

Have you ever checked out Cliffs Utube channel ? He does some cool stuff with gang tooling on his Tormach.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to needleworks For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post
    Have you ever checked out Cliffs Utube channel ? He does some cool stuff with gang tooling on his Tormach.

Nope, checking now, thanks.

So Ive finally gotten around to doing something 3D. Took Thor's hammer (Mjolnir) and then cut in half and milled it out. Looks like an anchor unfortunately.

However .....

1.5mm ballend mill, 24K RPM, 0.1mm stepover, scallop operation in Fusion 360, around 25 mins.

Normal camera pic and then two high res macro pics to show warts and all. From the naked eye the part looks good. Polishing / Finishing will improve it even further.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	i22^cimgpsh_orig.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	518.0 KB 
ID:	22284Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThorAnchor.PNG 
Views:	276 
Size:	196.2 KB 
ID:	22285Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0033.JPG 
Views:	284 
Size:	444.4 KB 
ID:	22286Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0039.JPG 
Views:	264 
Size:	510.9 KB 
ID:	22287

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by needleworks View Post

And this works exactly as the idea I came up with for Thor. I need to look at implementation and the ease of moving the 4th axis off (and remounting accurately).

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,915. Received thanks 227 times, giving thanks to others 773 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 11 members to the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    And this works exactly as the idea I came up with for Thor. I need to look at implementation and the ease of moving the 4th axis off (and remounting accurately).
    Yea I was going to suggest the RapidTurn unit to you as I also follow Cliffs channel, I would imagine your best bet would be to use some real hard stops you can then "bump" into for locating, as you say implementation on Thor is tricky because you dont want those fixtures to get in the way for other jobs.

Thanks for taking the time to take and share the macro shots, its nice to see exactly what the finish is like from different machines.
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 25-07-2017 at 10:51 AM.
    .Me

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread Information