. .
Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Having now seen Thor in real life I can tell you the pictures do not do it justice and then she moves and when she moves the earth moves with her lol.

A true work of art
    Last edited by Desertboy; 25-07-2017 at 11:02 AM.
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

If you didn't buy it from China the company you bought it from did ;)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Yea I was going to suggest the RapidTurn unit to you as I also follow Cliffs channel, I would imagine your best bet would be to use some real hard stops you can then "bump" into for locating, as you say implementation on Thor is tricky because you dont want those fixtures to get in the way for other jobs.

Thanks for taking the time to take and share the macro shots, its nice to see exactly what the finish is like from different machines.
    No problem, Ill do more of it as I do more machining and work out the good / bad / ugly of the machine's ability.

The macro shot makes the part look fairly horrible however in reality, its not. Its 'as it comes' and can easily be polished up.
    Last edited by Chaz; 25-07-2017 at 11:06 AM.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Does anyone know what NT30 spindle this guy might be referring to?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncate...uminium-4.html

Impressive little machine ....

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Does anyone know what NT30 spindle this guy might be referring to?

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/uncate...uminium-4.html

Impressive little machine ....
    That guy has his shit together ;)

This bit I found interesting and I never considered but makes a lot of sense makes no difference to your machine though lol.

"When you go with Chinese ballscrews, I think it is better to go with 5mm pitch, at least in my case as I dont need very fast rapids, due to force of the ball on screw. 10mm pitch screws will produce twice as much force on the wall of screw, and I wouldnt be surprised to see backlash even faster on 10mm pitch screws."
    http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/10880...60cm-work-area My first CNC build WIP 120cm*80cm

Some update pics of Thor. Need to finish the enclosure and 4th axis / lathe setup.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0016.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	376.2 KB 
ID:	22346Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0022.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	286.7 KB 
ID:	22347Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0024.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	22348Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0025.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	395.3 KB 
ID:	22349Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0026.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	359.0 KB 
ID:	22350Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-0028.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	414.0 KB 
ID:	22351

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

Does anyone know how to deal with dual probes, on NC and one NO, going into the same probe input?

Can I run two probe inputs?

This is the issue, how else to wire this (goes into CS Labs) input 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Does anyone know how to deal with dual probes, on NC and one NO, going into the same probe input?

Can I run two probe inputs?

This is the issue, how else to wire this (goes into CS Labs) input 3.

you could use a relay on one output to get both of them to NO or NC

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Desertboy For This Useful Post:

I've been thinking about exactly this problem for my own machine (also using CSMIO). I haven't built the touch probe yet but I was intending to use a simple bit of circuitry to invert one of the signals and then combine them. I'm not sure that you can solve the problem without adding something outside the CSMIO as it only has one input that is suitable for the job.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Neale For This Useful Post:

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    You need to invert the NC signal to NO, otherwise the probes will interfere with each other if run in parallel.

My preference is to run probes NC, as then any circuit failure triggers a stop, but then you'd either need a switch to swap between probes, or wire them in series.

Either would be possible with a transistor or two, and a couple resistors.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I emailed the probe vendor as the tip is not concentric. He responded with some info on how it can be calibrated. I then searched and found this - http://www.machsupport.com/forum/ind...c,17766.0.html - Whilst this doesnt fix the actual issue, it looks like I can use the same prob or perhaps two of them for different uses (I bought two as I was importing it from the US anyways). Perhaps next time I should pay attention to the other stuff in the box.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread Information